• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Threat Monday 11/29-Tuesday 11/30

tornadotony

you can't be sure about that, this looks like December 1st 2006 for this area, no cape yet a tornado touchdown in western pa at 10:00am with temps in the 60s

also, my local news station is calling for strong storms on tuesday

That was most likely caused by high amounts of 3 KM CAPE. Your highest dewpoint on Tuesday will be the upper 40's to around 50. The low level jet at 850 MB will be screaming out of the south at 60 knots, but MLCAPE looks to remain below 250 J/Kg. You may get some damaging wind gusts, but you won't likely even see lightning.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was most likely caused by high amounts of 3 KM CAPE. Your highest dewpoint on Tuesday will be the upper 40's to around 50. The low level jet at 850 MB will be screaming out of the south at 60 knots, but MLCAPE looks to remain below 250 J/Kg. You may get some damaging wind gusts, but you won't likely even see lightning.

Wow i looked at an article about that day, and the MLCAPES were only 250j/kg , I think this could be a isolated severe weather event for the area in the Upper Ohio Valley

back to Louisiana area tomorrow, i think a MDT Risk is possible and a threat for strong to violent tornadoes, models are going to have difficulty with this storm based on what i am seeing

Wow i looked at an article about that day, and the MLCAPES were only 250j/kg , I think this could be a isolated severe weather event for the area in the Upper Ohio Valley

back to Louisiana area tomorrow, i think a MDT Risk is possible and a threat for strong to violent tornadoes, models are going to have difficulty with this storm based on what i am seeing

What were the dewpoints? There is so much more then one ingredient, such as mixed-layer instability. Seriously, less talking and more listening, unless you want to provide a detailed reason to show why there is a chance of any severe weather in your area Tuesday?

What were the dewpoints? There is so much more then one ingredient, such as mixed-layer instability. Seriously, less talking and more listening, unless you want to provide a detailed reason to show why there is a chance of any severe weather in your area Tuesday?

Dewpoints were mid-upper 50s...haha...no chance of a 12/1/06 repeat...none...zero...zip...zada...zilch...

Yeah, main threat seems to be in the southeast, to southcentral, where things could get really interesting. There may be lots of shear up in the Ohio valley, but instability is lacking, and the moisture return is horrendous. Places right off the gulf fortunately (or unfortunately) get the most moisture return due to their location-which again is obvious.

Tomorrow into Tuesday looks like a serious severe weather outbreak with severe weather from the gulf to canada possible, just to mention up in the Upper OV Valley, forecasts have shown extreme helicity in the Mid Atlantic and Upper Ohio Valley on Tuesday

You typically get extreme helicity in the late fall and winter systems....they usually average over 500 often over 1000....there is no instability tomorrow....a severe weather outbreak in that area is as likely as Matt Stafford playing 16 games in a season.

Yeah I agree with you Dave and tornadotony....the timing on it sucks too....northpitt is wrong....I had high helicity last week with a tor watch to the west when the ORD and MKX areas got tors, and had basically the same shear....while sitting at 62/58 and didn't even get one flicker of lightning....like you said shear isn't enough alone.....nor does one past event even if the dewpoints did verify.

Yeah I agree with you Dave and tornadotony....the timing on it sucks too....northpitt is wrong....I had high helicity last week with a tor watch to the west when the ORD and MKX areas got tors, and had basically the same shear....while sitting at 62/58 and didn't even get one flicker of lightning....like you said shear isn't enough alone.....nor does one past event even if the dewpoints did verify.

LOL, you get in that watch too? That was the most ridiculous tor watch ever. not even really worth a svr watch. I was like what is Corfidi smoking, let alone GRR

If the SREF is to be believed, SPC will need to shift the higher tornado probs to the west as it shows the same high number along the TX/LA border at 12 PM tomorrow. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that, because if so my initial target may end up being in extreme east Texas before shifting into LA. The 0Z NAM is showing about 30 knots for storm motion tomorrow, which is quite manageable. If we start getting storm motions around 50 MPH then it's gonna be problematic to keep up with the 'poor' road networks in place.

Good luck tomorrow and post some pics....or video....I'd prob set up just east ok Lake Charles in case you had to jet ne to Alexandrea, which may not be a bad set up spot....good hunting.:mapstorm::twister:

Yeah I'm thinking about the Alexandra area. Since I'd be coming in from Dallas that would be an easy jog on I-20 down I-49.

If the SREF is to be believed, SPC will need to shift the higher tornado probs to the west as it shows the same high number along the TX/LA border at 12 PM tomorrow. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that, because if so my initial target may end up being in extreme east Texas before shifting into LA. The 0Z NAM is showing about 30 knots for storm motion tomorrow, which is quite manageable. If we start getting storm motions around 50 MPH then it's gonna be problematic to keep up with the 'poor' road networks in place.

Good luck tomorrow and post some pics....or video....I'd prob set up just east of Lake Charles in case you had to jet ne to Alexandrea, which may not be a bad set up spot....good hunting.:mapstorm::twister:

Just posted over on the blog concerning tomorrow and my chase plans. It looks like I'll be chasing tornadoes, then going on damage coverage.

http://www.texasstor...siana-tomorrow/

Looks like we could have some violent tornadoes (Good Luck David)

also for 12z time period on tuesday shows t-storms from great lakes to gulf coast

looks like a 2 day outbreak

post-1757-0-37745200-1291006309.gif

Archived