Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3.5-3.7 Storm

phlwx

post-105-0-19374700-1298971914.gif

Meh. Chilly second wave of rain if the GFS is right. The Euro has been hinting at a slower frontal passage with a more wrapped up solution compared to the GFS, which separates two lows along the main frontal zone and gives us a couple of rounds of rain.

Either way, as of now no snow looks likely on this storm around Philly...and it's doubtful we'll see anything for the next 10 days given what the models are showing. There *could* be some overrunning north of I-78 on Friday night/early Saturday if the GFS is right but temps are probably too warm south of that for any frozen.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting a thread about a storm and having the first word in the post be "Meh" is making me wonder why you started a thread for it. :P

As most are aware, the March 5-7 time frame has some bad history for our region. I'd be happy to not even have a threat during the 10 year anniversary of the biggest snowstorm bust in my lifetime.

12 Z GFS went back to being off the coast with no precipitation inland on the western side of the area of low pressure but with temperatures cold enough if there was.. however the coastal sections do pick up moisture.. and further NE as well.

gfs_ten_144s.gif

6 Z GFS was more in the lines of an interior snow/ice storm...

Where's tombo with my 12z Euro update?

12z GGEM cuts inland like the GFS, but doesn't develop a secondary on the front through 144 hours. Isn't a known GFS bias to want to develop lows on stalling frontal boundaries anyway?

That's our only hope for snow, and even witha redeveloper we run the risk of the mid-levels screwing things up as that High slides east since there's no good blocking.

The GFS is trying to bring in a little bit of a -NAO by the weekend (more pronounced on the 6z of course) but honestly it's probably not enough.

Sorry for the :gun_bandana::snowman:

4 of the 12z GEFS members actually bring accumulating snow into Philly. I'm still not buying it, but hey they're fun to look at:

12zensc000snow162.gif

12zensp002snow174.gif

12zensp004snow180.gif

12zensn005snow162.gif

2 more are close calls, brings nothing to Philly but a littlle bit just N&W.

Like I said, I'm going to need to see the other models start to develop a coastal like the GFS is before I get excited.

Where's tombo with my 12z Euro update?

12z GGEM cuts inland like the GFS, but doesn't develop a secondary on the front through 144 hours. Isn't a known GFS bias to want to develop lows on stalling frontal boundaries anyway?

That's our only hope for snow, and even witha redeveloper we run the risk of the mid-levels screwing things up as that High slides east since there's no good blocking.

The GFS is trying to bring in a little bit of a -NAO by the weekend (more pronounced on the 6z of course) but honestly it's probably not enough.

Sorry for the :gun_bandana::snowman:

once past presidents day im done with snow....but the 12z euro is a cutter to cleveland...then it forms waves of low pressure along the front, it has temps in the 60s out ahead of it....it then sweeps a cold front through, we get cold for a couple days then another cutter comes in at the end of the period...total rain for the 10 days period 1-2 inches...a heck of a lot more in wpa and northern pa

once past presidents day im done with snow....but the 12z euro is a cutter to cleveland...then it forms waves of low pressure along the front, it has temps in the 60s out ahead of it....it then sweeps a cold front through, we get cold for a couple days then another cutter comes in at the end of the period...total rain for the 10 days period 1-2 inches...a heck of a lot more in wpa and northern pa

so basically, wash, rinse, repeat, ad infinitum?

Archived