REGION WSWWD INTO THE SRN PLAINS DURING THE AFTERNOON...AND THEN

ACROSS THE SOUTHEAST STATES AND WWD INTO TX DAY 7. BOTH DAYS...A

FRONTAL WAVE INVOF TX WILL LIKELY BE MAINTAINED BY THE LARGE-SCALE

WRN U.S. UPPER TROUGHING...AND EVENTUALLY ENOUGH MOISTURE RETURN

INTO TX MAY SUPPORT MORE WIDESPREAD THUNDER THREAT. HOWEVER...BY

THIS TIME MODEL UNCERTAINTY INCREASES ENOUGH TO PRECLUDE ANY MORE

SPECIFIC CONVECTIVE FORECAST.

..GOSS.. 02/13/2011

Yep, it's looking at present at least as if that sw EML flow that is warming us up nicely this week will also keep us relatively dry and preclude good deep and low level moisture from arriving in the midwest. This may be a system that has terrific kinematics but little moisture to play with. But if it slows down and tracks farther west we might stand a chance of seeing more gulf moisture.

I don't think this is a typical huge squall line if it pans out like this. There is a distinct lack of strong linear forcing being depicted which is reflected in the rather meager qpf fields.

No not a huge squall line at all....if moisture return can be sufficient than maybe a few embedded or ahead of the line low topped supercell storms could be possible in areas that get >500 cape, but otherwise this looks like a NCFR setup with isolated wind damage, perhaps scattered if cape is >100.

SPC outlook this Monday morning says that EML and lack of quality moisture doom the prospects of svr with this oncoming system even though there will be a large warm sector. Guess we can put this thread to rest and await the next favorable storm. I do like the general synoptic pattern that seems to be developing. If it continues into spring and we finally do get quality gulf moisture this board will see a lot of svr weather activity.

SPC outlook this Monday morning says that EML and lack of quality moisture doom the prospects of svr with this oncoming system even though there will be a large warm sector. Guess we can put this thread to rest and await the next favorable storm. I do like the general synoptic pattern that seems to be developing. If it continues into spring and we finally do get quality gulf moisture this board will see a lot of svr weather activity.

Agree 100%

This disappointments me that this is not going to have the moisture for a severe weather outbreak. :( However, we are only about 6 weeks away from the start of the active season, maybe earlier if we have a warm spring in these parts.

I'm pretty sure that the day 9 storm will be a big severe weather threat, probably a southern plains event but might be our first moderate. I'd like the 500 mb trough to be a bit broader but w/e.

Archived