CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
PHL CWA Jan 26/27 Obs and Discussion thread..part III

goldstar

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what model did best on this storm? GGEM once it stopped its inland solution? UKEMT?

Euro, GFS and NAM obviously crapped the bed on this one.

Short term models

The ARW and NMM, MM5 are worthless

And as for the now casting models

RUC did its adequate job, Impressed by HRRR and RR models

Thoughts?

So what model did best on this storm? GGEM once it stopped its inland solution? UKEMT?

Euro, GFS and NAM obviously crapped the bed on this one.

Short term models

The ARW and NMM, MM5 are worthless

And as for the now casting models

RUC did its adequate job, Impressed by HRRR and RR models

Thoughts?

For once the cutoff was actually over-modeled. But I'd say the NMM did much better than the ARW and MM5 and shouldn't be grouped with those. I'm also consistently impressed with the HRRR, it has nailed every event this winter. I can't believe its 10-20" of additional snow is proving to be correct.

For once the cutoff was actually over-modeled. But I'd say the NMM did much better than the ARW and MM5 and shouldn't be grouped with those. I'm also consistently impressed with the HRRR, it has nailed every event this winter. I can't believe its 10-20" of additional snow is proving to be correct.

I guess its perspective, but the NMM sucked for those on the NW side LV, Reading area, only supposed to get an 1" or less, I think the whole axis on the NMM was off by a good 50-70 miles, But obviously did much better than its brother the ARW

Archived