amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA Winter '10-'11 Obs/Discussion I

PennMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

amazing. I was just looking at my notes from last year. On Sunday dec. 13th, we had freezing rain and the roads were bad here. That was the day we cut our tree down last year. Now we have the potential for (insert guess here) for this Sunday, December 12th! Now i know why my daughter ask me that question.

I just looked that Port Matilda cam again. What a difference in the last 30-45 minutes.

Look at radar and that intense band that developed just west from Seven Mountains to Duncannon - that's going to be a big problem for 322.

The roads are a total mess here, several accidents. Forecasters sort of missed this one. But it happens.

Look at radar and that intense band that developed just west from Seven Mountains to Duncannon - that's going to be a big problem for 322.

The roads are a total mess here, several accidents. Forecasters sort of missed this one. But it happens.

They sorta missed this one because they were too busy throwing darts at Sunday's event. They're going to sorta miss that one, too.

Yeah, i see that band. I was kinda thinking we may see some snow when that gets here

Edit to add- Just spoke with a friend, snow is now falling in Duncannon, 10 miles north and West of Hbg

Light to moderate snow currently as the heavier back end stuff has shifted back in.

They sorta missed this one because they were too busy throwing darts at Sunday's event. They're going to sorta miss that one, too.

Yea, they mighta underestimated the punch this lil area of snow apparently had this morning.. was surprised myself. Currently have about half an inch so could possibly attain around an inch before this ends soon. Not too bad for what last night was supposed to be maybe a dusting along and north of I-80. Throwing darts at this late weekend event has been what it has been all about from the getgo, even to this point. Models have now backed away from having a noteable secondary (with exception of the NAM)... and that of course invites throwing darts at the First Call map I put out last night. Not gonna make a knee jerk reaction though, still some questions of how much frozen could occur Sat night into Sun morning as precip rolls in ahead. Models could be a bit generous quickly routing out anything other than plain rain over central PA.

Archived