Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL: January 25-27 Potential Bomb Part 4

earthlight

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

03z SREF's have gone completely east towards the earlier GFS scraper solutions.

Honestly I really wouldn't mind that solution instead of plain rain and wait for a more favorable set-up to come about all the while avoiding a soaker and a disastrous loss in snowpack.

I've been waiting for you to get on in here...you know there's a storm threat when I see you browsing. How've you been bud?

Good man. I had been hanging in the MA since I saw the PSUHoffman (PSU is the best non-met poster I know of in terms of meteorological understanding) storm thread, but I have been paying attention. This is an odd one, to say the least. I am also tracking a Northern Plains thumping arctic front, but that is a big boom/bust type event.

How did your last snowfall pan out?

Good man. I had been hanging in the MA since I saw the PSUHoffman (PSU is the best non-met poster I know of in terms of meteorological understanding) storm thread, but I have been paying attention. This is an odd one, to say the least. I am also tracking a Northern Plains thumping arctic front, but that is a big boom/bust type event.

How did your last snowfall pan out?

We got around 4 inches with that last event a few days ago, and 10 inches before that...so I'm at 49.3" on the season now which is really awesome.

This upcoming storm is such a crap shoot on guidance right now, it's really laughable..but it's definitely going to be too warm for the coast if you ask me. The antecedent airmass is completely washed away by the low level SE flow that develops when the high pressure slides east. Relying on the low pressure's dynamics is not where you want to be when you live close to the coast. Anybody with elevation and some distance from the water should be excited, though.

just glancing at the nam here at 3:14 am...Seems to be holding more energy back towards the SW and slower at 39hr

Yeah if that trough elongates too much--the developing southern PV max will be too small and will precipitate itself out with height rises and a weaker overall upper low as it crawls up the coast. Too much digging isn't necessarily good here.

We got around 4 inches with that last event a few days ago, and 10 inches before that...so I'm at 49.3" on the season now which is really awesome.

This upcoming storm is such a crap shoot on guidance right now, it's really laughable..but it's definitely going to be too warm for the coast if you ask me. The antecedent airmass is completely washed away by the low level SE flow that develops when the high pressure slides east. Relying on the low pressure's dynamics is not where you want to be when you live close to the coast. Anybody with elevation and some distance from the water should be excited, though.

If this threat works out the way the EURO currently implies that it will, I'm going to start a 1995-96 chase....just wipped out my old weenie calendars with day-to-day notes and this would put me on par with it.

BTW--why aren't you in Seattle Earth?

You are a student! You should be out there partying and watching 15 minute poster presentations.

I had plane tickets bought and all that, but my mom has been pretty sick the past week or two so I had to pull out at the last moment. It sucks..I was really looking forward to it. But some things are priorities..nothing you can really do. Things have taken a turn for the better the past few days--so that's good news at least.

If this threat works out the way the EURO currently implies that it will, I'm going to start a 1995-96 chase....just wipped out my old weenie calendars with day-to-day notes and this would would me on par with it.

I thought I had reached a mini ceiling last year, but I am 8 inches from last years total. Things have found their way of working out this winter.

I had plane tickets bought and all that, but my mom has been pretty sick the past week or two so I had to pull out at the last moment. It sucks..I was really looking forward to it. But some things are priorities..nothing you can really do. Things have taken a turn for the better the past few days--so that's good news at least.

Well glad to here she is doing better, and good man--glad to hear you stayed back too. There are many more conferences to attend.

Archived