Jump to content

87storms

Members
  • Posts

    9,322
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 87storms

  1. Sun is peeking thru here now. I hope the gym stays open, it's gonna be rough sledding out there.
  2. Tomorrow afternoon is our opportunity to at least steal a dessert out of this meal: https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=namconus&region=neus&pkg=ref_frzn&runtime=2025021912&fh=13
  3. Looks like some clearing to the west lol https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector_band.php?sat=G16&sector=ne&band=02&length=12
  4. That sucks...my office has been hit with a few cases of the flu. Something is going around. https://radar.weather.gov/station/klwx/standard
  5. VA Beach is in a different climate...if they're getting up to 10", then forget about it here. I can't think of a single event where I would get several inches and they would, too. This setup is absolutely beautiful for that location, but up here there's just too much cold/dry air.
  6. The DC snow magnet might not be able to escape snow today. Radar looks pretty good. In the Frederick rain shadow...I expect non-accumulating clouds.
  7. This winter isn’t over at all…it’s cold af outside and Va beach is about to get 6–10” of snow lol
  8. Math checks out. Well played on using 25.6 given a starting point of 0.1.
  9. Bernie Rayno might score a coup if this trends nw at the last minute.
  10. There’s gotta be a loophole lol. Energetic upper level low disguised as a dense, cold core high pressure…or something like that.
  11. Is this the type of storm that modern models might miss? We’re definitely due for another Jan ‘00.
  12. Running the 2m dp loop for this storm is telling. Between the hp to the west and confluence to the northeast, there’s just not enough moisture overhead.
  13. My nephew (yes, I'm that old) in VA beach is going to be hyped.
  14. The longterm gfs and euro are keeping me interested in winter while also making me a little annoyed that I may not get my bike trails back as soon as I’d like.
  15. It is kinda weird that we’re not getting at least a Norlun’s trough. Like others have implied, this seems to be more of a cold front shunting a coastal ots than an ull that scoops a coastal ala jan 00. Winter ain’t over yet.
  16. Use logic…the two best globals are ots. Who cares what the nam shows lol
  17. Let it go, RR. You gave it your all.
  18. So I guess the 18z euro didn’t move 150 miles nw?
  19. We might get an inverted trough that drops several inches in a thin stripe from Leesburg/Frederick across the Bay and there's nothing we can do about it.
  20. I still think we can get some sneaky snow showers when the upper level energy swings thru. The coastal is a wrap, though.
  21. At least it's cold and windy outside rn.
  22. Weak low and ots. Never was thrilled about that look.
  23. I think the lack of clippers is a clue as to what's going on upstairs.
  24. I'm glad I lived in Bethesda in Jan 2019...got shellacked by that ull (2nd part) of the storm...had at least 8" from that one. Not sure how Frederick fared between 2016 and 2021, but I don't think I've actually received 6" since I moved here. Was looking at previous pics and measured 5.5" from that early Jan 2022 event (so maybe 6 with a snowboard), but less than 6 with compaction.
×
×
  • Create New...