Jump to content

mahantango#1

Members
  • Posts

    5,571
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mahantango#1

  1. That's what I'm afraid of lots of heavy wet snow this winter with borderline temps. Just wow you still have a hummingbird around, I didn't see one since the 24th of September here.
  2. Let's see what actually transpires with this upcoming winter, since September was warmer than normal.
  3. US National Weather Service State College PA September featured warm and wet conditions across much of Central PA. Above average warmth was largely driven by very mild nighttime temperatures. Measurable rainfall was recorded on nearly half of the days in the month.
  4. I just got 3.7 ton of coal on Saturday @$220.00 a ton plus delivery from wifes brother in-law. Just have to clean furnace yet an replace stove pipe of my Harmon VF 3000 stoker boiler. Furnace is 37 years old, and still going strong. So I'm partially ready.
  5. US National Weather Service State College PA Favorites ·20 minutes ago · Quick turnaround to summerlike warmth to end September and start October Showers expected Friday with cooler weekend forecast trending drier Increasing confidence in frost/freeze risk early next week
  6. US National Weather Service State College PA Soggy September Soaker! September 2026 (MTD) precipitation rankings (no rain expected for the last 2 days of Sept.) Williamsport: 11th wettest (6.84") Harrisburg: 26th wettest (4.72") Altoona: 9th wettest (5.58") Bradford: 10th wettest (4.85") Johnstown: 3rd wettest (7.31") *since 2000 State College: 6th wettest (7.90")
  7. Were going downhill fast in the temperature department.
  8. Good, more warm weather before we fall into the abyss. US National Weather Service State College PA Favorites ·2 hours ago · Today will be mostly cloudy with a few showers around this morning. Temperatures trend warmer as we head into the middle of the week, with some parts of Central PA expected to reach 80 degrees by Thursday.
  9. .18 rain yesterday, .06 so far today. Went to reading yesterday afternoon and it was miserable driving with that heavier rain and wind down that way.
  10. I was wrong when I said I didn't see the hummingbird since last Friday. Just seen the female at the Petunia flower today @5:25pm.
  11. US National Weather Service State College PA Favorites ·a day ago · Don't shoot the messenger...
  12. 38.5 chilly degrees this morning with a thick fog. I didn't think it would plunge into the 30's overnight.
  13. Not the wind again! Yes we'll have 6-7 months of wind. To put up with.
  14. Someone needs to start the fall thread. It is fall after all. Where are all our pumpkin spice lovers at?
  15. I have not seen the female Humming bird since Friday. I presume she left. The males left about a month ago. I wish they stayed around longer.
  16. .73 rain overnight. 7.35 for the month of September so far.
  17. 1.72 rain yesterday. 6.59 for the month. 31.80 for the year.
  18. We are up to 50 tornado's for Pa. in 2026 US National Weather Service State College PA Favorites ·17 hours ago · A 5th tornado from July 18, 2026 was confirmed today. The EF1 tornado was on the ground for about a mile in Burnside Township, Centre County, PA where it downed and snapped approximately 200 trees What took so long? Reply US National Weather Service State College PA · · Author Joey Schultz The location played the largest role. The damage path was in very thick forest within the Sproul State Forest and near impossible to access on foot. Figuring out if any damage occurred from the storm and then where it occurred was extremely difficult until new satellite imagery came out. When it does not have a human impact, there will be no specific reports nor quick need to fly a drone to scan endless forest for a possibility of occurrence. Then, we needed to reach out to our partners and find someone who was willing and available to fly a drone to locate the damage path based off what we had from satellite imagery.
×
×
  • Create New...