-
Posts
5,346 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by AnEndlessMaze
-
Thank you for calling the AmWx winter hotline. If this is a life-threatening emergency, please hang up and dial 911 now. -For trouble with your guaranteed cold, please press “1” -To verify if Mt. PSU has received its first inch, please press “2” -To check if the long range pattern signal has degraded, please press “3”
- 1,295 replies
-
- 19
-
-
-
-
- wishcasting
- almost winter
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
The November pump-and-dump; every single year.
- 1,295 replies
-
- 2
-
-
- wishcasting
- almost winter
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
2023 Mid-Atlantic Garden, Lawn, and Other Green Stuff Thread
AnEndlessMaze replied to mattie g's topic in Mid Atlantic
A few of our sunflowers from the summer successfully seeded; they’re still growing well. Hoping we can get a few blooms out of this generation before it gets too cold. We’ve never had sunflowers last this far into the year before! -
There's really only one match I can find with a comparable El Nino of this strength with a November this dry, and that's 1965. Although 65-66 was a good winter. The next best match would be 1991. That was definitely not a good winter lol This was just using BWI data.
-
Smelling the wildfire smoke all around Calvert today… it’s a very distinct smell that I learned over the summer.
-
That post wasn't worded well, sorry. I meant it was a bad sign for the winter that I only have 0.07" so far this month, not because it's been a dry year. I remember looking at some of the region's least snowiest years and finding a pretty good correlation to dry Novembers that preceded. Since you mentioned 2002: the November totals for DCA and BWI were 4.34" and 3.73" respectively, both above average. Of course we may pick up in the second half of the month; but I'm concerned.
-
I got a whopping total of 0.07” for that system, which is also my monthly total. This is looking like a lock now for driest year since I moved to Prince Frederick a decade ago. Not a good sign for winter IMHO
-
This is around the time the November pump-and-dump scam starts. Long range will start showing some weenie solution (either 1996 or 2010, depending on whatever ENSO you’re in). People start posting mega forecasts at all-time highs, or rapidly revising upwards… then the Pacific puke (or whatever) starts showing up after Thanksgiving, and Rodney will have to sift through the spreadsheet on December 1 to figure out who quietly revised back downwards. Eta: Exhibit A in post below
-
I remember in Oct. 2009 we had the back-to-back mid-October coastals, both with big rain totals and four consecutive record lowest maxes at BWI. This pattern literally reloaded in February. If I saw something like that happen this month, I might get excited for the 09-10 analogs being thrown about lately.
- 1,295 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- wishcasting
- almost winter
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Yep I've been saying it for months... this Nino isn't acting like a Nino.
- 1,295 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- wishcasting
- almost winter
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
BWI: 2.3" DCA: 1.1" IAD: 3.7" RIC: 0.4" Tiebreaker SBY: 0.2"
-
That would be well below climo for most of Southern MD, but it would be much more than I've gotten in 3 of the last 4 winters, so there's that I guess.
-
October is the best weather month in this region by far.
-
The Great Drizzlefest of 2023 has returned. Monthly total 8.41"
-
My monthly total is up to 8.19". Hoping I can heavy drizzle my way to double digits this month.
-
We’re doing the heavy mist not on radar thing again IMBY
-
Final total for today was 2.74".
-
2.33” and still pouring
-
BWI's first half of the year was second-hottest behind 2012, and that was with a below-average May and June. July and August were above-average, and we may have a serious shot at hottest September ever, so I'm issuing a Hottest Year on Record Watch for BWI.
