-
Posts
2,537 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by Tyler Penland
-
-
-
36 minutes ago, Met1985 said:
My low was 41 degrees and my high was 74 today. Beautiful.
We had our first 30s of the season at 39. Was 38 down on the river below me and 45 a few hundred yards up the hill. Wild how big a swing you can get with radiational cooling in the valleys this time of year.
-
1
-
-
Yeah the feast or famine rain over the summer did not help. A lot of what has changed around Grandfather has quickly gone dull and falling off fast.There was some color up on the parkway yesterday. Definitely not as good and behind last year
Sent from my Pixel 10 Pro using Tapatalk
-
1
-
-
-
-
37 minutes ago, Met1985 said:
What site are you using Tyler?
Weatherfront. Currently very cheap and available on desktop/apple/iphone all three. I've been enjoying it. Its pretty new and they're adding stuff all the time. Not as in depth as Weatherbell but a fraction of the price and I love the fact it is fully zoom-able to whatever region you want.
-
4
-
-
-
Blowing Rock got slammed last night. We had a mudslide out behind the mall took down quite a few trees and dumped a boatload of mud up against the building. ABC store flooded and Twigs might have taken some flooding as well (not positive).
-
3
-
-
Side note: found this site recently. I may be behind the 8-ball and it's already well known around here but www.weatherfront.com is a newer model/radar site. I quite like it. Currently free as they are working on their Android rollout, already out on Iphone.
-
1
-
-
Meant to pop on yesterday but we bottomed out at 52º. Super spectacular way to end July.
-
3
-
-
16 minutes ago, Met1985 said:
I took down the funnel cloud picture because a lot of people are saying it AI so we will see.
It looks fake. Not saying there wasn't a funnel (there almost definitely was), but I doubt it looked like that.
-
1
-
-
Saw a photo of what appeared to be a lowered mesocyclone from a drone shot in Asheville but hard to tell for sure not great quality.
Sent from my Pixel 10 Pro using Tapatalk-
5
-
-
-
Aight one day of heat back and I'm already over it. Bring on fall/winter.
Heading to the North Wilkesboro races this weekend and the trucks are at 12:30 on Saturday afternoon.

-
3
-
-
My station made it to 90.5 this afternoon. As far as I can remember that's the first time I've ever recorded a high above 90 here at the house. Yesterday was 89.3.
Sent from my Pixel 10 Pro using Tapatalk-
4
-
-
We managed to hit 42.1º this morning. Much cooler than I expected. The station right below me directly on the river hit 40.3º. Wild.
I was hiking up at Grayson Highlands yesterday and it was in the mid-40s all evening. Definitely an odd, but very nice day out for early June.-
1
-
-
Only dropped to 35.6º last night. My wife's raised bed vegetables are thankful.
-
Low of 31.6º this morning. Been enjoying the cool temps. Looks like finally some legitimate rain this weekend- we need some or spring flower season is going to suck.
-
0.06" overnight- bottomed out at 37º this morning. Saw some reports of flurries around but never saw any myself here at the house.
-
I managed a grand total of 0.01" overnight last night. Just enough to make the truck look even worse dirty.
-
Hard to argue with how this winter went, although I certainly would've liked to have seen more than 5" at a time. I ended the year with right at 20", pretty solid and right on average. I've seen plenty of below-average winters since moving up here so an average year is a win for me.
That absolutely gorgeous December snow also gives a boost.
-
2
-
-
Just rolled into Daytona, heading down for the (hopeful) Artemis launch tomorrow. I always, and I mean every single time, forget how miserable the humidity is once you get south of the NC line. Brutal.
-
2
-
-
We must've gotten under a nice band overnight because I went to bed at 1/2" and woke up to a solid 3". Very nice surprise!
-
5
-
-
Starting to cover the grass here in Blowing Rock now. Took forever to switch over but hammering now.
-
4
-

Tropical Storm Isaias
in Tropical Headquarters
Posted
Recon seems to be finding a broad center and 1002mb. 43kt FL. Looks prettier on satellite than it its strength would imply- still wouldn't be surprised to see it take off today.