Jump to content

S&P

Members
  • Posts

    2,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by S&P

  1. That was me thanks again, have a friend up here who grew up in stonington and has an aunt who works there , who hooked us up last year
  2. Pros from Dover in town this week, too bad no fans, tiger played winged foot today with JT , thinking others did as well. Nice stretch upcoming. Good to have sports back.
  3. Recognize I think 2 and 18 in 1st and 3rd pics, forget which the middle is
  4. Yeah from the golds there are a lot of long carries, love the course but play can be really slow there, especially on weekends
  5. Looking forward to the PGA, tight fairways, will be interesting to see if Bryson’s bomb it regardless will pay off. Koepka will be there, he always is. Should be fun to watch championship anything. gotta hand it to the PGA, they have handled Covid well with the logistics challenges of moving your whole setup every week. Good on the players for staying clean, even when it looked dicey in the beginning with some guys getting it. Don’t think there has been a case in a month. If golf can do it, you hope football can as well.
  6. OSome of the courses you play in Florida are unbelievable with houses right off the fairway. I pull hooked a ball and broke a window one time, the person came out and tried to get me to pay for a replacement. I had to laugh... felt bad though I ripped that sucker good
  7. Both my son and I were in those yards off the 1st tee, he said to me why would anyone live there. Can’t ever sit in your backyard in the summer
  8. played green valley from the tips In Portsmouth , Struggled off the tee early , two balls OB on 1st three holes, and another OB on 14, but I am Working on the driver, hit it better after initial struggles didn’t score well with a few big numbers, 44/44
  9. Yeah I wouldn’t think you should be play anything but a stiff shaft, you can also adjust for shaft weight , helps with swing speed and feel the weight of the head.
  10. Yeah even if you don’t buy from the fitter, most places will do it for free, they will get you into the right shaft and then you can shop around, many different manufacturers use the same shafts.
  11. Get fitted, shaft is key
  12. Why carry a driver then if your not gonna hit it. MY point is if your out playing with nothing on the line why not hit it, play a couple of balls and hit the driver with one of them but count the other one for your score. My feeling is you have to practice with the club to become proficient with it. It’s all good.
  13. Hit the driver, what are you worried about if your not playing for $, everything else is practice
  14. Interesting is they changed GHIN calculation this year to top 8 scores, vice 10. They have also done some stuff to factor weather conditions when you played (I.e. wind, cold rain, etc) . Also updating immediately. Top 8 means in most cases indices are lower now.
  15. Watching now on DVR, haven’t finished watching 2nd round, but my guess is someone comes out of the field to win, not many big names on the 1st page though
  16. Depends on your price tolerance, there are 3 classes in my mind . $40-60 week day with cart, 60-100 and 100+ like raceway , CT national in 1st category, lots of others , one course that’s 100+ now, I used the play it for the less than 50 walking before new ownership , is NEWPORT national in Middletown RI will cost you buck 25 now give or take, but it’s a great layout and gets very little play , so in great condition.
  17. Tempo is key , slow on the takeaway, then use your lower body to generate power/ speed
  18. I have seen his vids, he Is good, I bookmarked one on takeaway and staying on plane by position of your left elbow, which I struggle with
  19. Love pine hills, both courses
  20. Used to hate Bryson, but put him on my season long fantasy team, love him now. What are SARMS?
  21. Montaup CC in Portsmouth RI Tuesday and Thursday, league play. 39 / 42 from the tips Tuesday, played a money match against a 2 index Thursday, was pressing and shot 47 / 48 . Meadow brook CC Richmond RI today 40/44
  22. New bats, for 2 years my wife has been asking what I want for bday Xmas, I told her don’t get me anything I am going to buy new clubs, finally pulled the trigger. got fitted by titleist fitter at local club. Well worth it.
×
×
  • Create New...