Jump to content

CoastalWx

Meteorologist
  • Posts

    178,447
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CoastalWx

  1. I don’t know. That low is tucked in and H7 fronto is well north for dynamic cooling maybe ORH county 1k spots could pull an inch or two? It’s barely -1C at 925.
  2. I see just fine. Looks like garbage.
  3. 18z gfs is putrid for 1/2. Put away the ptype maps
  4. Time to truncate my life if that happens. Dynamics wont suffice.
  5. 4/1/97 was over 30” where I was. I’m also realizing the long duration event here in 2015 was over 30…..but I wasn’t home much for the time to measure. That extra 3” of wtf that night when I went to bed sort of convinces me.
  6. I described it as biblical. Not that stupid term.
  7. I never use those terms. It’s like the stupid names of storms TWC has. Weenie fodder.
  8. 14-15 was biblical here during that stretch of 6 weeks. I’ll never see that again.
  9. Gfs trying for NYD in the interior
  10. I think we just need to wait until the 6th or so and if the 3rd happened to work out then it’s all gravy. Euro in la la land had a setup I haven’t seen in years. Nrn stream s/w diving sharply south and spawning a nice coastal. When is the last time we saw that?
  11. That storm forced me to understand dryslots more. We got slotted big time, but luckily we benefited from enhanced moisture off the ocean. I think I had like 15” or so.
  12. Like the look still after the 5th or so. 3rd still in play too although airmass is iffy. But man I can’t hate on this upcoming pattern.
  13. I know Hartford proper had at least 2’ in Feb 06.
  14. 19 here and still dropping. A week of mild weather begins today.
  15. There is no question in my mind, Ray would have been divorced by 2/15/15 if he were married.
  16. I know you’ve endured many BN seasons, but even for me, the last few have been a complete molestation. Literally events just totaling .5 here, .7 there. The last one was just an unbelievable way to bend me over. So yeah, sometimes you got to put hour hands in the air and scream what the fuck, or in some cases, hands to the keyboard and vent. And before anybody starts to get in their high horse, yes I get it…missing out on the storms we got, hurt. I totally understand. But imagine literally being shut out totally for 3 years and then getting a pubic hair away from a solid snowfall.
  17. Definitely some active model runs today
  18. Nope, don’t need the I-95 KU pattern. Just something with a better airmass to start.
  19. At the risk of getting virtual tomatoes thrown at me, anniversary of a great one 14 years ago. Tip’s favorite storm. Kind of unusual here in metro BOS since we slotted, however tremendous low level forcing actually helped force a lot of convective precipitation and took advantage of the unstable dry slot aloft. That was another storm that benefited BOS and down 95 with the jack. 18-20” there. I think where I am now had 12-15” of really wet snow.
  20. EPS still looks good too. That’s a dam nice look. Keeps the PV on this side.
  21. This December was kind of favorable too. I do feel like we left some stuff on the table, but hey many areas did have snow. I didn’t mean to come across as a complainer. Sometimes it helped to vent. I really could have used that last Friday event for many reasons, but it didn’t work out. I’ll just keep my weenie crossed for January.
×
×
  • Create New...