Jump to content

dendrite

Administrator / Meteorologist
  • Posts

    75,827
  • Joined

Everything posted by dendrite

  1. We got one. I climbed up the tree and cut the last burr off and found a fertilized chestnut. You can see the difference between the two. @wxeyeNH Any fertilized nuts up there yet?
  2. Miller Ass Miller BS Just give me a bunch of nice safe SWFEs where I don’t have to worry about deform bands, screw zones, downsloping, etc.
  3. It’s actually quite frosty in the back field despite 39°
  4. Min 39.0° Lots of 20s up north. HIE 27, HUL 28 Coldest I saw was 23° at Estcourt.
  5. One of the historically fun obs out of SCH KSCH 041300Z 30016G26KT 5/16SM TSSN FG OVC005 00/M A2978 RMK LTG HIT TREE AE SLPNO T0000////
  6. Sure. It can hit anything. There’s some filtering algorithms. On social media tonight there’s some vids from Cedar Point in OH where there’s huge swarms of insects coming off of Lake Erie. Here’s an example of the beam being ducted back to the surface and picking up traffic on I40 east of KLIT https://www.kark.com/weather/weather-headlines/ast-blog-radar-beams-towards-i-40/
  7. Well they’re hitting the surface. Moisture/dew on objects, insect swarms, dust, etc. Although I didn’t see any flying insects tonight. https://8245forecast.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/anomalous-propagation-part-1-ground-clutter/
  8. You can see the reflectivities start over land surfaces.
  9. The radars are in precip mode instead of clear air The temp inversions develop at sunset from radiational cooling and the beam gets refracted back to the surface.
  10. Ground clutter in precip mode. Already 40s here Although the social media weenies will claim that it’s migrating birds. lol
  11. It will be an interesting winter with DirtySnowchez posts
  12. A+ day apple picking despite the doughnut line 59.9/39 off of a max of 63.6F
  13. We call it Indewgenous Peoples’ day now
  14. Min 48.8° MEX has 29° for CON next Wed morning…33° at LCI. Hopefully we avoid a freeze a little longer. BML/HIE 22°…should be the first real hard freeze there.
  15. We’re ending the NAM about as fast as the Iran war.
  16. Temp is nosediving behind the front. Windy, overcast, and 67/62
  17. I have some lespedeza in the lawn near the house and prostrate knotweed growing in the driveway and the edges. I don’t mind some weeds, but those 2 I can do without. My little meadow area by the run has milky spurge growing in there too. Anyone ever use one of those propane weed torches? I’ve been thinking about cooking the affected areas next spring. I know it will kill everything, but I assume the grass will eventually grow back.
  18. I don’t remember if I posted BTV before, but I was going through some of the old climo links and found their old normals. Pretty drastic shift warmer there in the last 30 yrs. https://wrcc-archive.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliNORMNCDC.pl?vt1081 https://wrcc-archive.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?vt1081
  19. We had that one min in the upper 30s here…maybe 35-38 in the area depending on elevation. We’ve had a lot of Septembers with more 30s than that. Whatever it is, everything is lining up for a great season.
  20. Idk…the trees don’t seem stressed. We’ve had decent rain in Aug and Sep unlike last year. The colors are vibrant…not the sickly looking color last year that quickly browned. I think all of those cooler max temp days and 50s for highs are having an effect.
  21. The leaves are really popping here. I can’t recall the last time they looked this good this early locally. Even the oaks are starting to flip. Already 68° off a min of 60.4°
  22. They sound like bombs falling on the neighbor’s RV.
×
×
  • Create New...