We only bottomed out at 29 this morning due to some cloud cover. Thankfully this cold blast is moving on. Yesterday literally felt like a January day in NY. Back to the mid 80's this weekend. Oh, and btw, it's that green time of the year. Pollen started 2 weeks ago. It's God awful. Probably another 4 weeks of green dust on everything. My allergies are terrible.
28 degrees at 5:30 am, will probably drop another degree or 2 before sunrise. This blows. A forecast high of 48 with wind chills in the low 30's this afternoon. We usually have outdoor activities for st Pat's day downtown. I'll stay home. I already see black on the tips of just bloomed perennials. Wondering how much damage there will be to plants and such that bloomed already.
With 2 nights in a row in the mid 20's, it definitely could go dormant again. Yes, you are right, with low 80's again this weekend, it should bounce right back. Temp down to 37 now, definitely gonna see some backend snow.
Yup, sleeting here now with a temp of 38. I was in my pool yesterday. This is nuts. My Bermuda grass is 80% green. Say goodbye to that after tomorrow morning. Not happy about that.
Wouldn't be a typical morning in GA without a tornado watch in March. Picked up 3/4 inch or rain so far. Going down to 24 tonight, back in the 80's Friday. Crazy
Crazy. Could be 90 tomorrow, and mid 20's beginning of next week. Definitely a possibility of damage to plants bloomed already. My Bermuda grass is already 80% green.
That wedge made it to my area this morning. A bone chilling 50 this morning with a predicted high of 67. Next 10 days or so low to mid 80's. Time to turn on the heater for the pool. Swimming in early March! Love it!
Crazy, I bet December and half Jan above normal, but 2nd half of Jan and Feb way below normal. Looking at this graphic distorts how cold mid Jan and Feb was
I'll believe it when I see it. We hit 81 today, +4 over predicted. We shall see. I'll take anything though in the 60's at this point. I'm done with winter.
Ironically friends I have in lower Stony Brook off 347 got 26 inches, while 2 miles north by rt 25 got 19. Crazy. I remember the storm in 2013 I think it was, rt347 was the jackpot zone with 33 to 37 inches while 2 miles in either direction had more than a foot less.
What's great about the North East, especially NYC is everything is open, even during a blizzard!!! Bring some bagels down for me please!!! If you are a pizza guy, go to Joe's pizza, and pizza suprema across from msg.
Was a chilly 50 yesterday at echopark speedway with 40mph gusts. Thankfully the sun in the stands made is bearable. Once the sun went down for the end of the race though, brrrrr. Got cold!!! Low of 28 so far this morning, probably will drop another degree before the sun starts to rise. Tomorrow should be the last time in the 20's for my area for a while.
Yikes, the NE is gonna get DUMPED on Sunday into Monday!!! Meanwhile here in GA went from 82 yesterday, down to low 20's this Monday. I am starting to think this could be our last 20's until next December.