Jump to content

suzook

Members
  • Posts

    679
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by suzook

  1. Models already backing down on amount of precip. I've seen this the last 6 mos. I got a bad feeling about this. I hope this doesn't just fizzle out again. Yup, even less precip on the models this morning. We now have fires in south ga, with fires starting in Myrtle Beach area, along with Fla. It's only gonna get worse, much worse!
  2. Bring it!!!! I'm still sceptical though. It is nice to see a change in pattern though. I can't believe how brown it is around here. We basically just got out of dormancy here, and went right back.
  3. Yup, then we, well me at least will by crying it's too wet
  4. For my area, sure its been hot. But the humidity has been very low. These temps are tolerable with the low humidity. Front came through early this morning, feels like Fall. 47 degrees with 20MPH winds. ZERO rain with it though. The GA red clay dustbowl continues. Oaks dropping leaves already
  5. Front just came through....ZERO precip. Starting next Saturday though looks like an actual chance for some real precip for a few days! One can dream.
  6. I'll believe that when I see it. Fingers crossed though
  7. Ironically, I am right by that .8. Talk about the screw zone! Local mets saying to get out of the drought conditions we would need around 20 to 25 inches of rain the next couple of months. I'd be shocked if we get that much rain in the next year.
  8. Unfortunately I just looked this morning. Same for Georgia. Absolutely zilch through May 3rd. You would think with the heat we would get some rogue tstorms. Big fat nothing. The clay has turned into permanent cement, and is now starting to crack open in many spots on my property.
  9. What in the F!!!!!!!????????. That's just pure hell.
  10. Agree, it's hard to break this pattern. It's rained twice in the last 2 months. Yes, twice. Add that to the dry fall and winter....yikes. Everyone around here has not had to mow their lawn/weeds yet. If they do, it's nothing but dust.
  11. Grounds at Augusta haven't looked worse. Sprinklers can only do so much
  12. I obviously was being sarcastic. Models not budging on zero precip for the next 16 days unfortunately. Not even a pop up storm.
  13. Same here. Unfortunately my town has some of the highest water rates in the country.
  14. November? We all will be burned down to nothingness by then. This is beyond ridiculous.
  15. Weak front moving through, MAYBE we wind up with a quarter inch of rain. The next 3 weeks look DRY.
  16. Yup, was 65 last Saturday, and my wife was complaining how chilly it was. I told her the normal high is 67.
  17. Well, GA has set a record for least amount of rainfall from Sept to April. We are in trouble. Add the legal burning they do down here, is a recipe for disaster.
  18. Disgusting!!! A week ago, models were showing 3 inches. Now a half inch for the next 2 weeks.
  19. Whatever green up I have is starting to go dormant already due to the drought. Been 11 months now with very little moisture. When does the cycle break?
  20. We need more than that. Better than nothing I guess
  21. Very cool this weekend after 85 on Thursday and Friday. That cold blast last week screwed up my plants. My day lilies have yellowed leaves, azaleas black leaves, and dead buds. Also my gardenias buds are black. This up and down weather has ruined my spring plants.
  22. Pollen count at 6800, add on top of that its burning season. WTF, my lungs!!!!!!!!
×
×
  • Create New...