Jump to content

Layman

Members
  • Posts

    762
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Layman

  1. So many people generally don't like to see or know somebody else is having fun. Misery loves company.
  2. I too am curious what you folks are paying down that way. Prices range all over the place up here depending on where you are in the state. A few weeks back we got 2 cord kiln dried delivered from about 20 miles away for $450/cord. Most I've paid in years however, for kiln dried, that has been typical for for what I've seen posted about. We typically do green in the spring but ironically, and sadly, I recently learned that the reason why our normal firewood guy wasn't returning calls was because his home burned completely to the ground. Heard this second hand and understand he and his wife are OK but it sounds like it's going to be an uphill climb for them.
  3. Wow, that is some massive production they put on!
  4. I thought 2015 was that winter of non-stop snows after January 1st. Am I mistaking that? Was it Christmas 2014 when it was 70 degrees and then January 2015 when the snows started? I thought it was 2015 into 2016 but my memory sucks with these things...
  5. Got popped by a couple bigguns today while out an about and thought we might've gotten ourselves into a similar situation. Fortunately, it was apparently just some cat-sized squirrels taking aim at us from on high with the plethora of gargantuan acorns.
  6. A soaking 0.15" here that should allow the lawn to continue to curl up and burn. We take.
  7. @CoastalWx may be on to something here beating the boring drum as the focus turns to natgas, pipelines and domestic policies rather than weather
  8. Do you happen to know if the pipelines shown on that map are preexisting or were they part of the proposal you mentioned?
  9. Funny enough my wife and I were down there too when it started raining. Down by the Aquarium and headed to the Chart House for lunch and to dry off!
  10. Can confirm. It was brisk up in Bretton Woods this morning. The season's do be a'changin'. Swamp maples starting to change up there. Slightest hint of color on the hills. Some poor moose got taken down just beyond Alex's driveway. Massive female on the side of the road up there - amazing that there wasn't any other signs of damage from a vehicle. Celebrated our anniversary with a full moon dinner atop Bretton Woods but the clouds had other plans Maybe next time... Absolutely love this time of year!
  11. I know you're typically pretty good about providing links for things that you share on here - do you know where this info came from? My understanding is that solar is a tiny fraction of total energy generation in New England with gas and nuclear making up ~80%. This link, with the most up-to-date info pegs solar at ~4.3% and renewables in total at 13%: https://www.iso-ne.com/about/key-stats/resource-mix I'm inclined to think that Massachusetts as a whole would use more than 13% of all energy production in New England (assuming they used all the renewable generation alone). I'd be curious to see how that math works out if it's accurate.
  12. This totally sounds like a Yogi Berra quote
  13. Thanks for the context. It makes sense now!
  14. Perhaps Bill is posting concert dates and set lists from the 1990's online and in a weird kind of way you guys are still really close.
  15. Sounds like some sort of Mortal Kombat finishing move I'm unfamiliar with...
  16. There is no rain you are receiving Distant clouds show on the horizon You've thought its coming to you for days The leaves move just waiting for the spray
  17. Exactly the same here. Didn't even realize it happened.
  18. Was this @dendrite's siting recommendation for you? I was going to ask for the link but may pass...I can probably find an old couch or washing machine on the side of the road to bring home and get setup properly
  19. My self-employed, work-from-home exemption card gives me a waiver down to 11:30am for up to 3 days per week.
  20. I'd be willing to bet he was on this forum but packed it in for saner pastures.
×
×
  • Create New...