I went to Lake Huron yesterday. Water was calm and was refreshing by the shore but once I swam out to about 6ft deep the water on the bottom was ice cold. Definitely want the lakes other than Erie and inland lakes to warm up!
I was doing some reading on that also. Hopefully firework bans go into effect if it keeps dry after this upcoming system. Great Lakes area may get a bad fire season. Lots of fuel to go around. But on the plus side we don’t have the logging practices like back in the day
Another Smokey bad air quality day in southeast Michigan. Curious to know the smoke levels under the cloud deck incoming. I feel bad for our folks in the NE
I noticed that too. Even working in the woodlots I’ve barely had to use bug spray when taking care of trees. Thick plume this morning. The company I work for has been in fire precaution mode starting Monday. Coniferous forest are really bad especially
Reports of smoke smell in St Claire, Macomb, and Oakland counties. Fires in Quebec and one in particular in Ontario NW of Manitoulin island have expanded quite a bit. Curious to see the GOES satellite images tomorrow morning
Unless your like the Soviets draining the Aral Sea. Glad to live by water and also glad the border states and Canadian provinces agree to keep it within those regions. As much as I love Cali and the west it’s getting too populated
After the back door front came through it’s nice to have it in the 60s still. Last few days it was in the 80s at this time. Noticed the next batch of smoke coming in from the NE on the GOES satellite. Air quality looks rough along Lake Michigan looks like some indications of surface based smoke if anyone from over that way can confirm