Jump to content

Chadzachadam

Members
  • Posts

    182
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chadzachadam

  1. 6.5” in NW Philly. Pretty peaceful out, no blizzard here yet and temps must still be pretty marginal because there’s only 2.5” on the untreated road. Easy shoveling too, nice and fluffy and comes up in big clumps
  2. Yea it’s ripping now. Heavy snow and 31F, looks windy out. Right around an inch
  3. In an area of lighter returns right now in NW Philly. Road is just wet but everything else is covered, not quite off to the races just yet. side note I think models being a little unreliable is part of the fun of all of this. second side note, why do we get 1”/hour rates of rain fairly regularly in a thunderstorm but never 10”/hour snowfall? I’m sticking with yesterday morning’s guess here, 14-18” but I do think I’m more likely to be too high than too low at this point
  4. LV may get fringed but philly area still in a great spot imo. This happened last storm too where day of everyone on here suddenly got super pessimistic. Trust the experts, could be a top 10 storm in Philly
  5. was curious about it being called a Miller B. doesn't really look like a B to my eye, seems like the southern wave digs down into NC whereas B would mean it originates in the Ohio Valley right?
  6. Pleasant morning outside, hard to really fathom what’s coming. My guess at this point is 14-18” for Philly but can’t rule out 2+ feet
  7. 0z GFS verbatim would be the third largest Philly snowfall of all time. And the last storm was handled very poorly
  8. 1. I think I have less than an inch of snow on weekdays this winter 2. I thought I wanted the GFS to be right and sorry to be blasphemous but idk if I genuinely want 2 feet of wet snow with 40mph winds lol. Would be the biggest storm I’ve ever seen which would be cool but not sure this city is equipped to handle that much snow
  9. obviously nitpicking if we get a bomb like the NAM is showing, but I don't really understand why kuchera would show more snow than standard 10:1 in this setup. temps are pretty marginal especially to start so I would think we'd be looking at more like 9:1 which I thought kuchera was supposed to account for. anyway crazy run regardless lol
  10. all hail king GFS! in all honesty though this is far from settled and the gradient will be sharp even if the coastal spins up
  11. 12Z GFS had 4, may be 5 other storms with frozen precip in SEPA after the Sunday night storm. I would think at least a few would be too warm but looks like an active pattern regardless. if we really get a big dog Sunday night, I am sure 99% of people (i.e. everyone who isn't on this forum) will be fully ready for spring
  12. 4 straight runs of over a foot on the GFS plus the other models trending towards it PLUS a different setup at 0z and we still score big…but hard to put much stock in it given everything we know
  13. Undisturbed snowpack is mostly 2-5” in NW Philly. Probably 2-3 days left
  14. Just a trace in NW Philly. Temps were just a little warm I think because it was mostly snow after 9pm
  15. 34 degrees all snow in NW Philly. Not much stickage yet other than on the cars
  16. I had snow on the ground for the whole month of February 2021. I think it was exactly 28 days though so should surpass it soon
  17. 4th longest-lasting 5" snow pack ever recorded at PHL, but the top 3 all included refresher snows. Pretty memorable stretch of weather. Here in the city I think most everyone is ready for the sidewalks and streets to be clear again. I wouldn't mind a quick reset and then another solid storm, if for nothing else than to have a second chance to shovel all the areas in my neighborhood that it's become abundantly clear nobody else is ever going to shovel
  18. Crazy how used to the cold I’ve gotten. Wind chill of 0 this morning felt totally fine. At this rate I’ll be in shorts when we hit 40
  19. NBM throws a few inches back towards Philly on Sunday and has most of South Jersey with over 6" I do think we likely end up with something here, Lehigh Valley might be out of luck but Philly and immediate burbs have a decent chance
  20. Can confirm the Skook is frozen in Philly and looks very cool
  21. 13/30 GFS ensemble members were a big hit for SEPA. think this is kind of an all or nothing deal with the complex dynamics, although it is possible we could pick up a couple fluffy inches in some of the OTS scenarios. random question but any chance we get dry enough for some of the existing snowpack to sublimate this week?
  22. City was handing out fines at 10 o'clock this morning for unshoveled sidewalks but they also haven't plowed half the streets in my neighborhood
  23. The Carolina Crusher invoked! I lived in Raleigh, NC at the time and that Jan 25, 2000 storm was one of the biggest forecasting fails of all time. Local mets called for 1-3" and we got 20 as the low bombed off the Outer Banks and just kept throwing moisture back over the NC piedmont
  24. All done here. 7.5” snow plus almost 3” of sleet. No ZR at all and definitely no plain rain. High temp (so far) was 26
×
×
  • Create New...