Jump to content

Thinksnow18

Members
  • Posts

    4,144
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Thinksnow18

  1. Same sticking to everything coming down rather heavy
  2. Nope but most models said after 11pm so I’m not concerned...yet
  3. Moderate snow at Niagara Falls and NWS just issued a special weather statement for a quick change to snow and for an inch by 9pm...sleet now
  4. Already getting “thicker” raindrops in Williamsville...not concerned...all models hold and it wasn’t really scheduled to change until 11pm or so anyway
  5. Temps down to 35 at Williamsville and snow already mixing in near Niagara Falls.
  6. Just so we’re clear the rain snow line is not even 30 miles already to the west...and advancing east steadily with copious amounts of moisture to go...we’re down to 36 already. And if I’m not mistaken a more westward track of the low would further back the winds to SW...what we don’t want to see is an easterly track
  7. What are you talking about? Green grass? D step back from the ledge man...
  8. NWS Cleveland upgraded their advisory over Akron, Youngstown and east to a winter storm warning, I will not be shocked to see northern Erie and Niagara county upgraded as well
  9. Here’s to hoping the next one crushes you guys!
  10. 2 things...it’s down to 39 right now in Williamsville and Cleveland is snowing already, also the slug of moisture from the south is massive! That’s a lot to come through once the freezing line crosses the area.
  11. Does anyone else think the transition to snow is going to be faster than 10pm?
  12. The only essentials this winter is a fridge full of beer and finding a cure for the Matt curse
  13. The thing that confuses me with KBUF is they always seem slow to react...every global shows 6 to as much as 9” of snow and they’re 3 to 5? Also from the dept of FWIW I was watching thd weather channel a few moments ago mainly for the blizzard in the plains and Carl Parker (respect him) showed the euro model and the wind field for the system, and by 11pm Friday night they are SW over the lake. They did begin westerly but did switch as the night went on...something to watch?
  14. At first it might even be 8 to 1 by the time it winds down it will be closer to 15 to 1...that could be 10”...I also noticed the PA watches were upgraded to warnings.
  15. Buffalo and far WNY ATM look like the sweet spot 30 hours out. I take. I also believe this will help with the LES for the metro area
  16. Thinking a hybrid winter storm warning for the synoptic and lake effect for metro simply because it’s the holiday
  17. We’re almost 36 hours before rain changes to snow around here I’m thinking this track is probably becoming better sampled and confidence for the synoptic part should be growing in at least an advisory, however I wonder if they won’t combine the 2 for a WSW as it’s 9” in 24 hours I believe?
  18. The NAM has handled this event horribly...it’s in its own for the major globals and its westward position.
  19. Have faith Dave I don’t think the models are done shifting at all
  20. Where do you live? I always wonder what part of the state fellow weenies are getting screwed or jackpotting
×
×
  • Create New...