Jump to content

PowderBeard

Members
  • Posts

    2,027
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PowderBeard

  1. Damn, yea it looked it on the webcam. Line for Sunbowl was heading up Wingding. Looks like a lot of folks are out there today before the melt. Heard Huntah is a complete ___show too.
  2. Yea let's dodge New Year's without power and Chinese food. Approaching 50* high above and mid-low 20s at the surface. Damn.
  3. Meanwhile. I found some size 15 boots. Can you tell we have a toddler in the house? Just noticed the dog bowls in background. Ordered December 7th, 2nd day air, finally arrived today. She can actually walk in them versus the smallest I could previously find in 16.5
  4. They have an updated system, tons of water, and a base at 2000'. As I mentioned earlier, there were years they were running top-to-bottom before Sunday River and Killington in October/early November under Peaks. I would bet there will be some condos for sale at both after this year and Cannon will have a big jump in season pass sales. Absolutely shame, aside from DJ's at Cannon, Wildcat has the best lift-served terrain in NH.
  5. Right? They haven't even opened the Flyer or any woods this year. MRG has only had the Practice Slope open. No Castlerock at Sugarbush or Madonna at Smuggs. When is the last time that happened in a December? Wildcat is essentially one way down from the summit. They all typically get close to 100% open for a weekend or two before a melt-down at the end of the month.
  6. A nice 2". I wish we could get one of these winter mood deals a week.
  7. Afternoon football and evening skiing.
  8. Very nice moderate snow. Feels like winter.
  9. There is one stump towards skier's left on Jug that gets me and made me a Marker binding fan. Twice I smoked it, ski got stuck, and released. And that was on a front DIN of 11, lucky both times. I ski on the right side now lol.
  10. They have been all over the place. First it was 2', then 3', then 4', then 30", then 38", now back to 4', depends which of their social media pages you look at. Either way, an awesome start. The 40+ at Okemo was too much for them. Lines were epically long with only 1 lift running most of Thursday, lots of pissed off pass holders and ticket buyers.
  11. Can see this being the most irritating grinch of all since it is 2020. Tomorrow some models start to shift east, give us a glimmer of saving snowpack and maybe add a little, then back to big winds and rain to take it all away 00z Tuesday.
  12. Is BEast trail report legit? I know you and many others mentioned skiing just about everything but this morning they had 7 trails open. They have always had that issue though lol
  13. Can he be sent back before the grinch comes?
  14. Got it, thanks. Did you get to Catamount? Kind of curious about those new trails. I remember Off Stage being a pretty fun little bump run to finish off your legs. Reminded me of these. I was probably 12 in these pics, was after a 2-3' dump in the early 2000s. Some amazing memories with @MBRI Off Stage In the process of sliding 100' down Catapult and ending at the old fence that was at the top of Catamount Chair.
  15. No substitutions please. If you want spare ribs you must order the #37 as well.
  16. Is this the back past the zip lines? Did that once before. Was unaware of the walk back down E and East Hawley Rds.
  17. Got in the range today after reading the Thunderbolt Runner's FB page this morning. About 10-12" of coverage, did 2 laps down some intermediate open trees and once trip down a switchback fire road. Both are pretty rock and room/stump free. Forgot how hard it was trekking up in fresh. Been cold enough it is still super soft. If there are any Kinco's fans, their new "ski glove" is way too warm. I'll stick to my others until it's about -50 lol
  18. Oh that is fantastic to hear. Was bummed to see those reports from Greylock area. Might have to give it a go ASAP.
  19. Ragged has a weird uphill policy if I remember correctly. Like 8:30am-2:30pm.
  20. Crotched has a great uphill policy - or at least they used to. West Ledges probably are not ready but the stuff past Jupiter's and some of the old east trails are probably G2G. Easy skin up too.
  21. Yea multiple reports from the Berks. My "fats" are 115 and the lowest I can surf on is about 8-10" of heavy wet on bare ground, not super steep, and with some minor bottoming. I wouldn't even attempt 15" of blower on bare ground. Good way to end your season early or destroy them.
  22. That is exactly what I was thinking. Can't get enough speed. Heck the Ski the East guys got stuck in 38" of snow on some of the "flat" sections of Black Line at Magic.
  23. Bummer there is no base. Even on the Thunderbolt it is bottoming out every turn. Happy the SVT areas got what they needed. Should compact down nicely.
×
×
  • Create New...