Jump to content

WarmNose

Members
  • Posts

    1,125
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WarmNose

  1. You moved to FI? I’ve lived in Fountain Inn 30+ years. If you’re hoping for enough to sled in on a late arriving cold air setup like this you’re going to be highly disappointed. Backend flurry as the coastal consolidates? Maybe
  2. Her forecasts don’t impress me. She’s already 0/2 this year. I’d be better off getting my weather information from a woodchuck
  3. But we do so well when the cold arrives late.. Even if that high was 1070 we would still rain if it was west of the Apps...Cess would have pulled the plug on Friday
  4. Don’t forget CJ. He’s on our side too. Deadly 3-headed combo
  5. @mackerel_sky this one is toast. Time to roll out the Zoysia
  6. Not only is the arctic not going to be ice free this summer, it’s making gains. Not small gains either. It’s obvious the climate isn’t in the same state it was 40-50 years ago. No argument there. The doomsday predictions are what I struggle to understand. The fear mongering. I guess that’s what I don’t like about the other side of the argument.
  7. Peter Wadhams ScD, is professor of Ocean Physics, and Head of the Polar Ocean Physics Group in the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge best known for his work on sea ice predicted in 2014 that that summer sea ice would disappear by 2020. We’ve got a lot of work to do if that prediction is going to work out.
  8. Where will it stop? Nobody knows. Ice is still on the rise. An arctic winter like this wasn’t supposed to happen.
  9. If I’m remembering that winter of 09-10’ correctly, I can remember driving from Greenville to Banner Elk and there was old snow and ice on the ground for the majority of the ride that had been there for weeks/months. I had been making that trip since I was a kid and can never remember another ride through the mountains like that one.
  10. At least it’s not an analfronal cutter yet. We could honestly use the rain. Need the crappy beds as far up on the bank as we can get them. Beetlespins aren’t as effective in deep water
  11. Couple more tics north from the euro and it’ll be seasonal and wet next week as opposed to seasonal and dry! Exciting model runs ahead
  12. @mackerel_sky will love the 00z GFS
  13. 00z says no snow. We rain in the upper 60’s
  14. Now if no one is posting the GFS at 240, no one is on this forum at all
  15. The blue turd is back! Winter recancel uncancel!!
  16. Chris Justus just said “We’re ringing in the year with cooooold air.” and the graphic in the background showed 44 in downtown Greenville..how has it come to this?
  17. You know it’s a bad pattern with low sub forum traffic when QueenCity isn’t here to tell everyone to stay on topic in the main thread
  18. I’m hoping we get blanked this year. That way momma nature owes us big time in 2021. I blame this winter on people who want it to be frigid in November. Thanks, guys.
  19. February will be another excuse. On to 2021. Solar minimum is looking ripe! Brazilian yearlies just ran and your going to love the projections!
×
×
  • Create New...