Jump to content

eyewall

Meteorologist
  • Posts

    13,353
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by eyewall

  1. Same here. We have seen so many modeled hits fizzle out.
  2. Yep wash, rinse, repeat. Well we cannot do that because there is not enough water for it lol.
  3. It just cannot rain in Raleigh anymore lol.
  4. @NorthHillsWxyou may be lucky to get another 0.01 today. That ended up being a disaster.
  5. Run ahead outflow is killing us again in Raleigh
  6. This was the light show in the clouds before I got that shot: https://www.facebook.com/reel/1085227447341802
  7. At some point the readout should just say fuck this!
  8. They have not accounted for the Wake County dry slot.
  9. When it comes to lunar eclipses I agree! Final edits:
  10. We got missed entirely the last two days.
  11. As you probably guessed I was certainly going to try and view the lunar eclipse two nights ago. The forecast looked bleak but I tracked satellite trends and made my west to an area just north and west of Siler City, NC (near Liberty, NC). I was able to break out of the clouds to mostly clear skies and got this at the peak:
  12. This summer has been cruel and it looks like that will continue. Just shoot me now.
  13. Yeah this was one was timed absolutely perfectly and in the photos the sky looks lighter than it actually was of course. It was super bright with high contrast.
  14. It was the brightest one I have seen so far!
  15. It felt great outside this morning!
  16. The heat is awful! I was hoping we would be done with it but that was naive of me to even think that would be the case.
  17. Just for the novelty I took this shot with my scope in Eure, NC of the August 12th solar eclipse. Here it was 1.13% obscuration at the peak. Obviously there was nothing on the ground anyone could notice but fun to see just how far from totality the partial phases extend. Composite image:
  18. Just missed to the west today.
  19. The Raleigh weather dome is back!
  20. It was a far cry from 7/28 but still there were some fun scenes last evening in Johnston County NC with convection nearby:
×
×
  • Create New...