Jump to content

CT Valley Snowman

Members
  • Posts

    5,324
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CT Valley Snowman

  1. Heavy frost in the mornings and mostly cloudy with some leftover snow piles and patches in shaded areas. Not exactly wintry appeal by January standards in New England but something is better than nothing. 36.7 here.
  2. Yep. Just west and north of the city. I really like the idea of 1k+ but close to civilization in SNE. That area seems far enough east to cash in on some later developing Miller B's. Paxton, Leciester, Holden area seem nice and also close to ORH and the Pike.
  3. Man there's a lot of different factors to consider. I am more of a southern New England resident but enjoy traveling to northern New England, particularly to Maine where our family has a cabin. I'm quite happy with the area I live in now as I am close to family and geographically I can get to the CT shore and Southern VT in an hour. Close to Springfield and Hartford and not an unreasonable drive to Worcester, Boston or New York. I have an abundance of shopping and restaurants within 5-10 minutes of my house , only a couple miles from interstate 91 in a suburban setting but can easily travel to more rural areas in 20 minutes. If I had to make a trade, I would give up some of the convenience for some additional snowfall with elevation, more hilly terrain, and classic colonial architecture Perhaps somewhere on the east slopes of the Berkshires or Litchfield Hills, but not really far out there, like a Barkhamsted CT or a Granville Mass at 1k+ where you could still drive down to the valley in 15-20 minutes where there is shopping and conveniences.
  4. I found this site. Interesting how they classify way up the Hudson and CT rivers in the Northeast Coastal zone. https://bplant.org/region/116#subregions
  5. Bear Mountain Salisbury, CT to the coast is 60 miles
  6. .8 on 12/20 T sleet/snow 1/1-1/2 16.1 season.
  7. 11.3 2 miles south of the Ma border here in Enfield.
  8. Subb zone here the past hour or so with mainly light snow
  9. First flakes about 8:06. Wind is fairly brisk.
  10. Reggie was definitely a little bit disappointing east of the river in far northern central Connecticut and West/Central Mass. I would think the subby zone would still be 9 to 12 easy unless this banding/ exhaust gets really extreme. Hopefully it's overdone.
  11. I'm thinking tolland and further northwest and Enfield were more like 12-to 14
  12. For some of us it's inherent in our nature to find out what could go wrong to avoid the big disappointments, when you look at the big picture this is looking pretty promising but of course there can be some subtle and mesoscale features that people want to hone in on as we get closer that could screw places a bit
  13. Fwiw at 03 it looks like a slight increase increase from the previous run yesterday
  14. This is definitely weenie tag worthy but the sref mean for BDL is 15".
  15. 2.5 and 1.5 here with the first 2 events for total of 4". It's early so we wait patiently and watch next week .
  16. You're good. I think we may be out of the game up here north of BDL. 62/58 cloudy skies here.
  17. 43 and light rain as winter returns for one last dance.
×
×
  • Create New...