-
Posts
12,235 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by Maestrobjwa
-
-
15 minutes ago, CAPE said:
Can't see this team going on a Super Bowl run like they did after dumping Cam lol. Just too beat up.
I wouldn't be so sure--we have enough to catch fire. I mean...we are still somehow in first place despite all of this...so ya never know! (Ironically December 2012 also had a three game losing streak in Weeks 13,14, and 15, lol) I mean not saying for sure...but just that the ingredients are there for us to catch fire if it's meant to be!
-
4 hours ago, CAPE said:
Good read for Ravens fans. Yeah the OL is a bit of a mess, and they have no legit RBs, but Roman still insists on going with run heavy formations, limiting the passing game- despite major upgrades at WR.
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/12/16/22838532/ravens-offense-issues-greg-roman-lamar-jackson
Yep. I'm still wishing Harbs pulls a 2012 and fires him before the playoffs...this is ridiculous
-
1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:
Probably won’t be a popular sentiment, but if it isn’t going to snow, I want this day every day.
Heretic! Heretic!!!
-
55 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:
I'm at the point where if we can even manage a string of clippers that give us advisory level events with BN temps, it'll be a win. I mean, snow on snow is just as good.
Hey, that's how we got like 18" in a nina a few years ago (2017-18 I believe). I think that year schools used all their snow days because all the little events happened during rush hour! Was pretty funny actually, lol
-
33 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:
Hmm...Is it wrong that I wish we woulda had this NOT in a nina? Lol Cause ya kinda know that even with tanking AO/NAO we'll still be fighting enso...but perhaps, as psu mentioned in his outlook, this means a still below average but not as crappy nina. But dang what we wouldn't have given for that a couple years ago!
-
-
1 minute ago, jaydreb said:
Of course, but it’s always nice to see the blue over us.
Our responses to fantasy snow are interesting...When we see it on a run, it's almost like, for a moment, we can almost feel it happening. That excitement/the good feels...I guess that explains the angst over the digital "snow" being "taken away" in a future run. A strange psychology...lol
-
-
So...what's the over/under on ninas with a -NAO?
(that actually have cold air to work with, that is)? Make any difference? Or is this to specific of a thing to look at?
-
Ya know, I can't stand squash...(would literally rather eat anything else). Ninas are met squash...disgusting!
-
1 hour ago, CAPE said:
I don't think it matters what we root for lol. NS dominant with a weak/suppressed southern wave is always a viable outcome.
I mean ya know what I mean...in other words we'd rather see too amped and warm at Day 2 or 3 than not, right? Lol
-
1 hour ago, CAPE said:
Not a bad set up. I would prefer something flatter/ less amped
Now...given the nina squash tendencies, do we like...wanna root for seeing something more amped at first to make room for said squashing? Lol
-
2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:
Agree. I think they’re done pretty much regardless. Even if they fall into a WC spot, they’re getting bounced in the first round.
I continue to believe that if we manage to get in, something could happen. You just never know!
-
-
1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:
Agree. Terrifying. Pitch black with the power out and then you see the monster in lightning flashes. That guy has a huge set of huevos.
My goodness...chilling. That video has got to get an award. Perfectly captures the terror of what happened last night...mercy
-
1
-
-
Can't be too many more terrifying things in severe weather than seeing the outline of a large tornado in a lightning flash...at night. Wow
-
-
10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:
LOT to like on that GEFS run. -AO and -NAO builds from east-based to west-based by post-Xmas. And the -EPO keeps nudging eastward in time pushing the western trough more into the Rockies and high plains. And GEFS has actually been accelerating the changes rather than can-kicking. We were wondering about that given that the MJO phases forecast was not jiving with the H5 look.
Been trying to resist commenting on here lately, but I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling burned by last year's "no cold air around" -NAO...lol How would you compare this to last year?
-
1 hour ago, Stormfly said:
I'll gladly take a "Heat Miser" Christmas for a nice January storm aka 2016. Any day.

Funny thing is someone literally just introduced the misers to me last night...I'm almost 31 but somehow missed that growing up, lol Snow miser is hilarious and relatable (like the mist literal encapsulation of the snow lover)...but kinda somehow creepy, lol Like I think the "What the heck?" reaction hit me before the "Oh NY gosh that's me" reaction did. But now it's growing on me, hahaha Haven't looked at the heat miser yet (boo!!), although like ya said...I'd only CONSIDER welcoming him for a day if it were an exchange for a January HECS *maybe
(but then we'd have to sacrifice all of Feb and March...so eh, lol)
-
1
-
-
Overall...I'm not ready to give up on the season just yet. Feels like there's gonna be more to the story...just not sure what or how far! We Shall see...
-
At first I too was kinda upset at going for two...but then when I found out Humphrey went down, I kinda see what Harbs was thinking. Higher chance of winning on a 2-point conversion than risking OT with a suddenly Humphrey-less secondary. We lose that coin toss and Ben might march right down the field. Where as the 2PC was right there...higher percentage call if you ask me. I get it!
-
23 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:
I know the Ravens O line sucks but Pitts D has really been struggling of late. It’s hard to ever know what to expect from the Ravens especially early in the game but I don’t think the Steelers will dominate them with 6 sacks lol
Well I certainly hope not (hey maybe Villanueva can muster up a good game against his former team?
).
But seriously I always felt like we might drop one more...and after that if we're gonna heat up we heat UP! So I wouldn't be surprised with a loss tomorrow...but that's just me, lol
-
1
-
-
3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:
TJ Watt was reactivated by the Stillers. I mean, I’m glad he doesn’t have covid, but wouldn’t have minded another 2 days in testing ambiguity… Question now is where’s the O/U on his sack total for tomorrow? 3.5?
That's a pretty safe bet...lol I got 6 sacks total for the Steelers!
-
8 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:
For all the despair going on about this winter so far, just remind yourself what it was like in December 2015. Yeah, yeah we got the blizzard in January, but it's not like anyone knew or expected that at the time, or even necessarily thought we'd be heading into a decent pattern the next month.
Funny enough back then I actually kinda was half- expecting it...because I did some research and saw that the last two times we hit 70 degrees on Christmas in a a Super El Niño...(1965 and 1982), we got a big blizzard the next month (or February). Now ya know me, it didn't take much for me to latch onto that idea, lol So that made me feel better immediately!

December 2021 Medium/Long Range Discussion Thread
in Mid Atlantic
Posted
You've gotta be kidding me, smh Feels like we can't get a dang cold Christmas anymore! (although last year at least it got cold behind that front)