joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2014-2015

Jurg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone looked at the cumulative scores lately... why is the 1st place forecaster getting to drop their worst three scores? Lol

That's been like that since at least the beginning of KLGB. Might have something to do with the fact that the second-lowest for the second half is the same as the lowest for the first half.

68/48/17/0. I feel some slight downsloping will help them get a tad above guidance tomorrow. Marine layer doesn't look that strong.

Downsloping from westerly winds??

r6DvKt0.png

-----

Light offshore flow tonight should allow them to cool off rather well (as long as the clouds stay away... we'll see). Tomorrow should see a well mixed atmosphere but westerly flow should keep temps in check somewhat. We dodged the bullet with convective rain all pretty much falling on the weekend and today (although there is still some threat we get some popcorn convection in the 06-09z range, although its a low probability event). 

65/46/15/0.00

Downsloping from westerly winds??

-----

Light offshore flow tonight should allow them to cool off rather well (as long as the clouds stay away... we'll see). Tomorrow should see a well mixed atmosphere but westerly flow should keep temps in check somewhat. We dodged the bullet with convective rain all pretty much falling on the weekend and today (although there is still some threat we get some popcorn convection in the 06-09z range, although its a low probability event). 

65/46/15/0.00

You pretty much echoed my thoughts exactly. Hope we're both right. ^_^

65/46/15/0.00

Why oh why did I say anything...

codnexlab.NEXRAD.SOX.N0Q.20150303.500.02

When I hit quote, the edit was still in the works. We must have hit post and save edit at the same time or literally 1 minute apart.

I think it's more the tone of your response I'm confused by. I'm more than happy to admit that I'm wrong when I'm wrong, as I've done many times in the past.

Went 72/46/13/0

Tomorrow I do think they could downslope a little, with full sunshine and decent mixing to boot. Had a hard time with the low, initially had 45 but am worried winds won't go calm till rather late, and dews have come up a little bit with the onshore winds the last couple of hours.

71/45/11/0.00

Tonight should be perfect radiational cooling conditions with calm winds and clear skies. Despite the warmer temp we are starting off, dewpoint is still in the low 40's and I think we should cool nicely tonight. Tomorrow seems similar to today, except weaker onshore flow in the afternoon and 850-hPa temps a good 2-3C warmer, which should buy us a 5-6F increase tomorrow. 

Archived