Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Quoting Posts with Large Images

Kmlwx

FOLKS....

If you're going to quote a post with a ton of images or even one large image...please remove the images from the original post BEFORE replying. This makes the board FAR easier to read and much cleaner. Especially for those on mobile devices. It makes the pages so much longer than they need to be with a lot of load time.

I understand sometimes it happens but PLEASE try not to do it. It's so annoying. I think the mods and admins will agree on this point.

Should be a 5 PPD offense. whistle.gif

Yes it is annoying. Only time I do is when the post was informational and would be useful to be read again if it may have otherwise been missed in between all the weenie suicide comments. Model images need to be cut out though--no doubt.

It's especially bad when somebody quotes 6 large images to simply use an emoticon or just say Yes.

As I was saying yesterday, it is really pointless to post images that are available to the public unless the poster is modifying the image to demonstrate an idea. Everyone who posts here has access to just about everything except the EC images. An image can be referenced, even a link provided, and then if someone wants to see it for themselves they can open it up in a new window. It would make loading and reading the threads much faster and easier.

As I was saying yesterday, it is really pointless to post images that are available to the public unless the poster is modifying the image to demonstrate an idea. Everyone who posts here has access to just about everything except the EC images. An image can be referenced, even a link provided, and then if someone wants to see it for themselves they can open it up in a new window. It would make loading and reading the threads much faster and easier.

This--

We all should know where the model sites are and how to get the AFD's from the various NWS offices along with the HPC outlooks.

Some boards have a software setting that won't allow reposts of images. It replaces the image with a link.

I wonder if that is an option here. I think no matter how many times people are asked to stop...they won't. Or someone will have missed the memo. Even though it should be common sense. Who wants to see the same image multiples times. I am losing faith in the human race.

The only time I could see this being useful is if the reply is referring to an image a from previous pages. Even then....

You can't fix stupid.

Some boards have a software setting that won't allow reposts of images. It replaces the image with a link.

I wonder if that is an option here. I think no matter how many times people are asked to stop...they won't. Or someone will have missed the memo. Even though it should be common sense. Who wants to see the same image multiples times. I am losing faith in the human race.

The only time I could see this being useful is if the reply is referring to an image a from previous pages. Even then....

You can't fix stupid.

It's horrible when I'm on my Blackberry and I have to wait for it to load the entire page with like 6 quotes with images.

Archived