Posting etiquette

BullCityWx

• jburns unpinned this topic
  • 11 months later...
  • buckeyefan1 pinned this topic
  • 5 months later...
On 1/20/2011 at 4:12 PM, Queencitywx said:

We've gained a ton of new posters in the past year and trust me, it's awesome to see our community grow such as it has. This place, however, has a good deal of unwritten rules that sometimes is hard for new folks to understand. I know you're not trying to be a pain in the ass but there's a certain code around here that most of us old timers came up with and it should still apply. Here's several rules to make sure your posting experience is as positive as possible:

1. PLEASE do not ask about QPF in every model discussion. All of the major metro areas in NC/SC/GA will invariably always be covered. It may not be immediate but I believe we did a great job covering most areas during the last event. I left Tennessee and Alabama off that list because we just dont have the critical mass of posters there so the likelihood of immediate QPF numbers goes down. We will do our best to include everyone though, I promise.

2. PLEASE do not badger red taggers with IMBY questions.

3. Do not ever declare a bust when an event is just unfolding. You'll get burnt 99 times out of 100 and end up pissing people off. This is actually probably more important than the first two guidelines.

4. Please feel free to add as many obs as possible in the OBS thread, even if you're a lurker. You're almost always downstream of someone who wants to know what could be coming.

5. KEEP WHINING OUT OF EVENT DISCUSSION THREADS. That's what the banter thread is for.

6. Dont begrudge other people their events, even if they are less likely to get it than you climatologically speaking. That's what they do in the other regions and we dont do that here. Never have, never will.

7. You almost never know more about weather than a red tagger, unless it's Analog96.

8. PLEASE only add the coarse images from NCEP.

Bump

• Isopycnic pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • WeatherNC unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • BullCityWx pinned this topic
  • 9 months later...