• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Carbon County PA., Saturday

Is that first image taken through a car windshield? It has a funky green/gray cast to it. You can tell the diference strikingly between it and the snow in the first duck image, the color of the white snow.

I really like that cool tower in the last shot. Just needs some better sky conditions to make it a better shot IMO. All the flat gray blank area is a little too distracting.

Is that first image taken through a car windshield? It has a funky green/gray cast to it. You can tell the diference strikingly between it and the snow in the first duck image, the color of the white snow.

I really like that cool tower in the last shot. Just needs some better sky conditions to make it a better shot IMO. All the flat gray blank area is a little too distracting.

That's why I shoot RAW 90% of the time. Color casts and white balance are easily corrected in Photoshop. Numbers 1 ,2, 3, and 5 in this thread http://www.americanw...egion-snowfall/ were shot through the windshield.

Nice pics Andy, and despite the green cast that Bowtie speaks of, I like the first shot as I'm a big fan of road photos during/after a snowfall.

Oh I agree. I shot RAW 100% of the time. But the easiest solution is........... get out of the car! :devilsmiley::thumbsup::snowman:

Agreed, but the road I shot on in numbers 2 and 3 in my thread is heavily traveled by tri-axle dump trucks (myself included, but not when I shot) so it was a bit safer to stop momentarily, shoot, and get moving again!

Archived