• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Northern Rockies

move back :D Seriously though, the lack of good jobs in Montana always sucks.

Yeah Montana's economy is just awful, I'd never be able to make it there. I also love the culture in and around NYC, and I love the landscape of the Northeast with the rolling hills, verdant springs, blazing colors in fall....Montana is a bit too dry for me, everything looks beautiful in June with that emerald green but turns pretty brown and nasty, especially in the prairies, by July. I found the aridity unpleasant after a while.

Yeah Montana's economy is just awful, I'd never be able to make it there. I also love the culture in and around NYC, and I love the landscape of the Northeast with the rolling hills, verdant springs, blazing colors in fall....Montana is a bit too dry for me, everything looks beautiful in June with that emerald green but turns pretty brown and nasty, especially in the prairies, by July. I found the aridity unpleasant after a while.

Yeah it's definitely prettiest in June, and also in the winter. Alberta tends to stay green into August usually, at least. I think the fact that the summers are slightly cooler helps things from getting that burnt look.

Yeah it's definitely prettiest in June, and also in the winter. Alberta tends to stay green into August usually, at least. I think the fact that the summers are slightly cooler helps things from getting that burnt look.

I went up to Lethbridge a couple of times to do some shopping, and the prairies in Alberta were definitely more verdant than Montana. I really liked some of the scenery in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies with the contrast between rolling grasslands and alpine landscapes.

We had a very cool summer out West this year...I was glad to be in Montana until mid-August to avoid the worst of the NY heat. Summers are so much nicer in the Rockies, man.

And yes, I'd love to go back in the winter, especially in the heart of a brutal arctic outbreak or a massive springtime blizzard. Montana just has the craziest changes in weather, and wind speeds, that I have ever experienced.

Archived