• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 26 blizzard analogs

Chinook

Now that the storm is all over, what Kocin Uccellini storm or other storm is the best analog for December 26-27? I think the phasing of the two upper lows is sort of like the Superstorm 93 (which actually involved 3 upper lows), but obviously the polar jet vs. subtropical jet was a different story in December 2010 than in March 93. I couldn't find another good analog.

No. Jan 2000 was Miller A.

Dec 2000 was Miller B.

Do you mean Jan 25th?? I think that may be hard to qualify as either. It wasn't a gulf low---it form off the SC coast. the SW came from Montana-- through Kansas , TN and then off the shore. I'd lean more miller B, but it really doesn't fit either definition in a classic manner.

Do you mean Jan 25th?? I think that may be hard to qualify as either. It wasn't a gulf low---it form off the SC coast. the SW came from Montana-- through Kansas , TN and then off the shore. I'd lean more miller B, but it really doesn't fit either definition in a classic manner.

That's not correct regarding the surface low. KU depicts it as having developed along the northeast shore of the Gulf (Volume 1 page 52) and includes it in the list of Miller A storms (page 53).

Archived