weathafella Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago Flying under the radar is the 1997 autumn. Early freeze, well above normal snows in November and December. I remember an approximately 4” event here 11/14 which had a little staying power. 12/23 was a legit snow bomb and then about 5 days later another one that was rainy here but snowed up north I think. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cleetussnow Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago 57 minutes ago, weathafella said: Flying under the radar is the 1997 autumn. Early freeze, well above normal snows in November and December. I remember an approximately 4” event here 11/14 which had a little staying power. 12/23 was a legit snow bomb and then about 5 days later another one that was rainy here but snowed up north I think. Which was a record Nino…signs of things to come. Bad things. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
40/70 Benchmark Posted 1 hour ago Author Share Posted 1 hour ago 1 hour ago, weathafella said: Flying under the radar is the 1997 autumn. Early freeze, well above normal snows in November and December. I remember an approximately 4” event here 11/14 which had a little staying power. 12/23 was a legit snow bomb and then about 5 days later another one that was rainy here but snowed up north I think. I would not expect that this year....1997 was low, ascending solar with a strong easterly QBO...very odd timing for a super-El Nino. This year fits the bill with W QBO and descending solar. Good luck with early blocking. 1997 is a very poor polar analog...our chances will come later this year. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now