SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2022 NNE Warm Season Thread

PhineasC

4 hours ago, eyewall said:

I plan on coming up for foliage so lock it in:
1665122400-fUd8UbscX8I.png

lol, PLs bring it from NC.  I saw 6in at 800' on oct 4 1987.  But ill never trust 372 clown.  We are in ridge west trough east pattern that might last despite la nina but I think it's gonna go more zonal.  That said , I dont think anything is normal anymore, GFS almost looks like superstorm of 93 Oct edition without the cold, look at how it sits there in the gulf for a while too lol and then just ejects NNE.  Wouldnt be the first time we had 1 ft on the mtn with full foliage.  

• Like 1

It looks like that first potential shot of snow is still on track for tonight based on the BTV NWS forecast discussion, with snow levels anticipated to drop to the 2,000 – 2,500’ range: 

Area Forecast Discussion

National Weather Service Burlington VT

425 AM EDT Thu Sep 22 2022

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH FRIDAY/...

Once the front moves through, we`ll enter into a chilly northwesterly flow regime, which will keep some showers and clouds over the northern Adirondacks and higher elevations of Vermont. Temperatures today will cool throughout the day, and most areas have already hit their daily high temperatures early this morning. Relatively strong cold air advection is expected throughout the day today, with 850 mb temps falling to below 0 deg C by this evening. Post-frontal winds will be breezy from the northwest with gusts between 15 and 25 mph this afternoon.

As we head into tonight, the cold air advection continues in earnest as 850 mb temperatures drop to between -2 and -4 deg C.  Overnight lows will be in the upper 30s to low 40s for most locations, except in the low to mid 30s over the northern Adirondacks.   Mountain showers will linger into tonight, and as the cold air advection continues snow levels will drop to around 2000 ft in parts of the northern Adirondacks, and around 2500 ft in the northern Greens.  Thus, any mountain showers still persisting early Friday morning above these elevations could fall as a rain/snow mix or light snow at the summits.