• Member Statistics

    16,619
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    City Central
    Newest Member
    City Central
    Joined
RUNNAWAYICEBERG

2021 Golf Thread

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Looking for a string of expletives in the AFD next week.

Though I guess that could mean I either won or lost.

I’ll give your odds at 1:473k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hoth said:

I slipped a disk watching DeChambeau on the practice tee yesterday. Ridiculous power, weird mechanics.

from what i understand that's a "speed" drill he does on occasion to get his swing speed as high as it can be w/o regard for ball flight. 

 

but yeah i be afraid i'd never swing a golf club again after that, but his iron/short game is better than people give him credit for

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hoth said:

I like Koepka too. He's sneaky good.

i have him in my pool as a dark horse, cant bend his knee though, so i have my doubts but the guy always plays big in majors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

What 5 guys would you pick to win? I have to fill out my card tonight and looking for some help. I have Rory and Koepka so far, need 3 more. I like Finau too. There was one year where you took Ricky Fowler every time as it seemed he was in the running every week. Even if he didn't win he gave you some points.

think you have to add bryson, his short game is better than people think. DJ just because, dark horse westwood (but his putting always lets him down) need a good putter which is why i might event consider Reed as much as I hate him. BTW did you see they paired him with berger 1st two rounds who's called him out for cheating before. love it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, S&P said:

i have him in my pool as a dark horse, cant bend his knee though, so i have my doubts but the guy always plays big in majors

I read something where he said his knee hurt when walking downhill.  That gives me pause because of how hilly Augusta is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the tournament up on my second screen (thank you WFH).  Some of the greens already have the beginnings of that slightly dry, brownish sheen, at least when viewed from above.  Of course they are only televising 4,5 & 6 right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I have the tournament up on my second screen (thank you WFH).  Some of the greens already have the beginnings of that slightly dry, brownish sheen, at least when viewed from above.  Of course they are only televising 4,5 & 6 right now. 

Yup. I’m watching the range right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mreaves said:

Rory has struggled.  If I remember correctly, he was playing pretty well before the shutdown last year.  He has some sort of mental block going on right now..

He likes to do this. Blow up on day 1 and then claw his way back into it rounds 2-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

He likes to do this. Blow up on day 1 and then claw his way back into it rounds 2-4.

Yeah.  It looks like conditions aren't letting anyone go deep today at least so he won't be completely out of it.

I just say Vijay chip in for triple from behind the green on 15.  In my regular group, that counts as a 0 putt so it would be the best of a bad situation since we play low, gross, low net and low putts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mreaves said:

Yeah.  It looks like conditions aren't letting anyone go deep today at least so he won't be completely out of it.

I just say Vijay chip in for triple from behind the green on 15.  In my regular group, that counts as a 0 putt so it would be the best of a bad situation since we play low, gross, low net and low putts. 

I like games like that which can keep all skill levels engaged. That's why I always liked bingo bango bongo so much when I was getting into the game. I was rarely the first to hole out, but I could certainly be first on or closest to the pin once I finally got on the green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

That Speith audio of it hitting the tree is what I hear every time I try and punch out.

One of those, “awe man if only it didn’t hit the branch.” Yea, that was a bone headed decision. Left and safe was the play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Players are struggling atm. This is what the Masters should be though. 

Sort of but not US Open like. Not that I’m saying it’s like that. One of the things I love about the Master’s is the risk/reward nature and the fact that you can score if you play well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

I like games like that which can keep all skill levels engaged. That's why I always liked bingo bango bongo so much when I was getting into the game. I was rarely the first to hole out, but I could certainly be first on or closest to the pin once I finally got on the green.

We usually have 8-12 guys. Everyone ponies up $3. $1 for gross, $1 for net and $1 for low putts. We also have games within each foursome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Sort of but not US Open like. Not that I’m saying it’s like that. One of the things I love about the Master’s is the risk/reward nature and the fact that you can score if you play well. 

US Open is a different kind of struggle with deep rough while this more of a shot placement difficulty. You miss in the wrong spot and it’s an easy bogey.  Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

US Open is a different kind of struggle with deep rough while this more of a shot placement difficulty. You miss in the wrong spot and it’s an easy bogey.  Love it.

Definitely and if you’re on, you can score. It tests all aspects of a player’s game including adaptability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Justin Rose lighting it up. -6 now. Bryson heading in the opposite direction at -5. 

Holy crap, I didn’t realize Rose was +2 through 7 holes. He’s -9 since then. Gotta say, in no way could this have been seen coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Holy crap, I didn’t realize Rose was +2 through 7 holes. He’s -9 since then. Gotta say, in no way could this have been seen coming. 

One of the most impressive stretches of golf I can recall, given the conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mreaves said:

Rory has struggled.  If I remember correctly, he was playing pretty well before the shutdown last year.  He has some sort of mental block going on right now..

two way miss not good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mreaves said:

I have the tournament up on my second screen (thank you WFH).  Some of the greens already have the beginnings of that slightly dry, brownish sheen, at least when viewed from above.  Of course they are only televising 4,5 & 6 right now. 

i think that the powers that be didn't like DJ's -20 in the fall and were going to make the course firm and fast regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S&P said:

i think that the powers that be didn't like DJ's -20 in the fall and were going to make the course firm and fast regardless.

Greens are slick, I saw one guy putting for an eagle from about 30 feet, he just tapped the ball and it zoomed past the hole, off the green into the water. He ended up going from putting for eagle to a bogey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.