Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

February Medium/Long Range Discussion

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm kind of partial to Cracklin Oat Bran :D

It’s sweet, nutty and produces a turd comparable to this winter.  Highly recommend it! 

• Haha 6

At this point let's just have a few tornado outbreaks regionwide in the next two months and be done, the pattern is screaming severe weather events if it continues in this manner.

22 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

Ji got his digital snowstorm via the 0z gfs tonight and PSU’s March rainstorm was a March snowstorm for one run. What a night!

way out on March 8th lol

March 8 looked great on 0z. March 8 is crap on the 6z. Stop me if you have heard this before. Either way, seems like the PSU window of opportunity is at least alive...

53 minutes ago, Scraff said:

March 8 looked great on 0z. March 8 is crap on the 6z. Stop me if you have heard this before. Either way, seems like the PSU window of opportunity is at least alive...

Pick the run that looks like crap, its a safer bet that's the one that will be right.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Scraff said:

Cherry picking an index for that time periodEPO.png.77deb7d927c5d8c1d853ee858bdd4fed.png

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ji said:

Eps has below normal cold around March 8

Yea...after a AN next Wed / Thurs/Fri it looks to trend back to normal and below as u said . I still haven't totally given up seeing some white stuff in this upcoming below normal 4 day or so period Thursday afternoon through Monday. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Do you notice that you sometimes write 0z like "Oz"? Lol

You have more chance of waking up in Oz than with snow on the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Was thinking something along those lines...lol That we may have to follow the yellow brine road to find some snow!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Was thinking something along those lines...lol That we may have to follow the yellow brine road to find some snow!

Well, it actually did snow in Oz, you'll recall...when Dorothy et al. were on their way to the Emerald City, Glinda the good witch made it snow to wake them up.  Enough to cover the grass and stick to the pavement (yellow brick road) even, I believe!!  I don't know what the sun angle was, however. :lol:

(ETA:  The Emerald City itself got fringed by that event!!!)

6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

This Oz this winter is reminding me of is the HBO show version...

Omg. Lol. Love that show

With a 0% chance of anything in the medium to long range for Feb, as there is no medium to long range left, and so much Ugh! in this thread....I for one would like to see this thread soaked in gasoline, thrown into liquid hot magma, and sent to the sun....

Please :(

12 minutes ago, Its a Breeze said:

With a 0% chance of anything in the medium to long range for Feb, as there is no medium to long range left, and so much Ugh! in this thread....I for one would like to see this thread soaked in gasoline, thrown into liquid hot magma, and sent to the sun....

Please :(

no

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

your about a 2 hour drive tomorrow from seeing really good snow

op GFS develops the best pattern of the year mid March lol.  Of course that look wouldnt work without the shorter wavelengths.  There are still some hints that there could be chances for cold to be around at times mid month...we will see.  Any snow continues to be a long shot imo.  

2 hours ago, StantonParkHoya said:

Wait, why can't we start a March thread?

i wasn't saying no to a march thread. i say saying no to dousing this one in gasoline and setting it on fire ;)