• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

February Medium/Long Range Discussion

So this is super low odds, in a good year it wouldn't even be worth mentioning it...but the scenario the GFS has shown a few times now centered around day 12 is showing up on some other guidance also.  The euro control gets a couple waves through the area around then with a somewhat similar evolution, getting an initial wave up into the 50/50 area and then pinwheeling something into the east behind it.  There are several members of the GEFS and EPS that do the same.  I suppose its just enough to say its possible and not completely crazy.   There seems to be some hints that perhaps there is some opportunity for something around March 7-10th.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

So this is super low odds, in a good year it wouldn't even be worth mentioning it...but the scenario the GFS has shown a few times now centered around day 12 is showing up on some other guidance also.  The euro control gets a couple waves through the area around then with a somewhat similar evolution, getting an initial wave up into the 50/50 area and then pinwheeling something into the east behind it.  There are several members of the GEFS and EPS that do the same.  I suppose its just enough to say its possible and not completely crazy.   There seems to be some hints that perhaps there is some opportunity for something around March 7-10th.  

Wondering how people would grade / rate this winter if we got a crusher in that March 7-10 window. I personally would go from an F to C-. My parents would be so proud, yet they aren’t holding their breath. They know I’ve been struggling in this class all winter. The tutor didn’t even help. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Wondering how people would grade / rate this winter if we got a crusher in that March 7-10 window. I personally would go from an F to C-. My parents would be so proud, yet they aren’t holding their breath. They know I’ve been struggling in this class all winter. The tutor didn’t even help. :lol:

It won’t undo the misery of this dreadful winter...and I don’t know what the score changes too, depends on how much and how long the snow lasts I guess...but a snowstorm would make me happy and I would enjoy that day and that’s all that matters to me.  The past is done. I can’t change it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Still an F.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Still would be an solid F. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Scraff said:

There would need to be a Feb 2010 repeat PLUS  superstorm of 93 to get this winter to an A.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

There would need to be a Feb 2010 repeat PLUS  superstorm of 93 to get this winter to an A.  

Followed by a April 1982 repeat also 

Just hope for Fridays surprise snow squall gives us our 20 to 30.

15 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Why would we care about an April 82 repeat?

6-12” of snow fell at my location with temps in the 20’s. 

1 minute ago, Mersky said:

6-12” of snow fell at my location with temps in the 20’s. 

Exactly so maybe you should talk about it in that region. What’s next...talk about a Boxing Day repeat?...another March 2001?  Oh maybe a December 2000 too?  I wouldn’t bring up Feb 5 2010 in the NYC sub. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

10 percent of 12z EPS members look good for this time period.... two weeks to see if that improves.  Maps if we hit 30 percent or more.

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Exactly so maybe you should talk about it in that region. What’s next...talk about a Boxing Day repeat?...another March 2001?  Oh maybe a December 2000 too?  I wouldn’t bring up Feb 5 2010 in the NYC sub. 

Heeee's baaaack.

Sort of eased into it with the :weenie: likes. Full on shit posting again now tho.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm at peace with this winter now. All we can do is laugh. And we can still get good snow even in late march but whatever happens it was enjoyable to learn lot of new concepts

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Well, to be fair, I myself also look back fondly at April 1982 and that winter in general (I'm assuming you mean Apr. 5-6 that year).  But that's from the perspective of northeast Ohio, not NYC, and nowhere near this place.  KCLE got ~12".  That was a great storm in the midwest, and I honestly at the time had no idea what it might have done outside there.  Plus, it's the storm that put KCLE over the top for snowiest winter on record there at the time (it's since been broken), by a good margin thanks to that event.

30 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Well, to be fair, I myself also look back fondly at April 1982 and that winter in general (I'm assuming you mean Apr. 5-6 that year).  But that's from the perspective of northeast Ohio, not NYC, and nowhere near this place.  KCLE got ~12".  That was a great storm in the midwest, and I honestly at the time had no idea what it might have done outside there.  Plus, it's the storm that put KCLE over the top for snowiest winter on record there at the time (it's since been broken), by a good margin thanks to that event.

And to be fair your posts aren’t 99% crap and you don’t go from sub to sub picking fights so you would likely get way more leeway. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Grouchy today I see? Finally have to do some work?? 

51 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Heeee's baaaack.

Sort of eased into it with the :weenie: likes. Full on shit posting again now tho.

You are grouchy everyday so this is nothing new for you 

6 minutes ago, Mersky said:

Grouchy today I see? Finally have to do some work?? 

If you really were a meteorologist for 30 years maybe you should have done more “work” and then your posts would suck less. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Mersky said:

You are grouchy everyday so this is nothing new for you 

I don’t understand how you aren’t 5 posted. You make me look like Wes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Ji said:

I'm at peace with this winter now. All we can do is laugh. And we can still get good snow even in late march but whatever happens it was enjoyable to learn lot of new concepts

You, not we. The snow season pretty much ends for DC proper March 1.

53 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

If you really were a meteorologist for 30 years maybe you should have done more “work” and then your posts would suck less. 

For some reason he really reminds me of BethesdaBoy. My analysis may be spot on too. He did it once recently spinning a giant web of lies. Either way, same skill set. 

• Like 3