• Member Statistics

    15,684
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Donahoe_WX
    Newest Member
    Donahoe_WX
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
ChescoPaWxman

Weather Station Relocation (roof top) Help at Jersey Shore

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know of any roofing guys or handymen who can get on a high roof (3 stories and also with the current 9 feet above street level rules) and move and remount a Vantage Vue Weather Station? My weather station was apparently mounted to a vent pipe by the builder and appears this might be causing a leak in my ceiling. So I need to move it and remount in a more traditional spot with a bracket and brace on the roof. Having a tough time finding anyone to help out. Any Cape May County contacts or folks you know who will travel to Sea Isle City for the job? If so please send me a private message with email/contact info.

Thanks!
Paul

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 1:55 PM, ChescoPaWxman said:

Does anyone know of any roofing guys or handymen who can get on a high roof (3 stories and also with the current 9 feet above street level rules) and move and remount a Vantage Vue Weather Station? My weather station was apparently mounted to a vent pipe by the builder and appears this might be causing a leak in my ceiling. So I need to move it and remount in a more traditional spot with a bracket and brace on the roof. Having a tough time finding anyone to help out. Any Cape May County contacts or folks you know who will travel to Sea Isle City for the job? If so please send me a private message with email/contact info.

Thanks!
Paul

Don't know anyone down there. Like you said, a gutter guy or maybe someone that does chimney pointing, etc, might be a fruitful direction to go....or a carpenter who dabbles in roof/gable work....good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RedSky said:

I would have thought thirty years ago we would all have little jet packs by now

 

Seriously! Where are the floating cities? The flying cars? The hotels on the moon? As a child, the Jetsons promised me a future of unimaginable technological advancement. And what did we get? The interwebs with weather boards. Like most of our snow events, the future underproduced!

Sorry Paul, guess this didn't help answer your question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul - you might want to check with exterior house antenna installers.  I expect that if you can provide them the proper bracket(s) for it, then they at least have the ladders/bucket truck to get up there and would know where to position it.  Main issue of course would be getting it aligned so that it is leveled/facing north, etc.

3 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Seriously! Where are the floating cities? The flying cars? The hotels on the moon? As a child, the Jetsons promised me a future of unimaginable technological advancement. And what did we get? The interwebs with weather boards. Like most of our snow events, the future underproduced!

Sorry Paul, guess this didn't help answer your question.

I always envisioned "flying cars" would end up being like this (realistically) -

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Paul - you might want to check with exterior house antenna installers.  I expect that if you can provide them the proper bracket(s) for it, then they at least have the ladders/bucket truck to get up there and would know where to position it.  Main issue of course would be getting it aligned so that it is leveled/facing north, etc.

I always envisioned "flying cars" would end up being like this (realistically) -

:lol:

Ha! I get sick on the merry-go-round. I guess I should be happy 2019 is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.