• Member Statistics

    15,734
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    dorkchopper
    Newest Member
    dorkchopper
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
Rtd208

E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2019 OBS Thread

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Nice little supercell there.  

kdix_20190524_0306_BR_0.5.png

Under a warning here, might get clipped by the west side of it. Nice light show so far, about 10 miles away now.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KamuSnow said:

Under a warning here, might get clipped by the west side of it. Nice light show so far, about 10 miles away now.

 

Nice.  Looks to be heading right for me, so I'm gonna head out with the camera.  It's a bit more disorganized now.  Hopefully it holds together for a bit.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Nice.  Looks to be heading right for me, so I'm gonna head out with the camera.  It's a bit more disorganized now.  Hopefully it holds together for a bit.  

Seeing a few photo worthy multi-pronged bolts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KamuSnow said:

Kind of shrunk as it got close, a little rain and now some breezes, lightning pretty much stopped.

Yeah, I've captured a couple distant strikes, but it collapsed as usual.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BBasile said:

Yeah, I've captured a couple distant strikes, but it collapsed as usual.  

Didn't two Southern NJ counties get tornado warnings last night?  Also that storm passed just 4 or 5 miles to my south along 76, I could hear it and got a bit of a drizzle.  All it did was make my cat want to come inside.

 

Edit: I think that was may 21/22nd with the tornado warnings, not sure it was an article I saw this morning, but only read the title of course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Didn't two Southern NJ counties get tornado warnings last night?  Also that storm passed just 4 or 5 miles to my south along 76, I could hear it and got a bit of a drizzle.  All it did was make my cat want to come inside.

 

Edit: I think that was may 21/22nd with the tornado warnings, not sure it was an article I saw this morning, but only read the title of course!

 

There haven't been any tornado warnings.  There was a tornado in Delaware a while back, but that's about as close as any severe weather has gotten.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 1:07 AM, BBasile said:

 

There haven't been any tornado warnings.  There was a tornado in Delaware a while back, but that's about as close as any severe weather has gotten.  

Sorry for the confusion, it was actually out of our region in northern Jersey that got the warning or watch, I believe on may 23rd.  I was half asleep when i saw the article and was thinking it was SNJ.  this isnt the article i saw, but close enough.   https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws--20190524-dvcg3ykhczfdzdpbt3ygqimsla-story.html

 

Also theres a real nice storm rolling through sea isle right now.  I'm sure half the island is underwater now seeing as it floods with a light drizzle.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got up to 88 here yesterday and humid, but managed to skirt some of the heaviest cells that came through the area right when our bbq was concluding, only getting 0.05" (it clouded over in the afternoon and that seemed to keep the temps just under 90).  Much different day today, where it is currently partly cloudy, with dews down in the low 50s and temp of 80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.