• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
An aesthetic point

Waters in the Atlantic are 1-4F warmer these days, on average. This is a widespread event that is growing every passing moment. Not just in the Atlantic, but tropical regions global.

Now imagine the Earth's equalizing force, hurricanes and low pressure systems, obviously getting stronger to compensate for the balance. There should be 2005 events every year in the Atlantic, on average. This point is the aesthetic point I want you to feel into to begin. What a normal hurricane season would look like, given the awesome amount of warming that has occurred in the 2000s. From this place, you can kind of assess index of raw energy potential unused.

My assessment is: These hurricanes not happening as frequently as they should. Since 2005, how many have hit the US? Government interference could be a good point to raise here. Is this a reason why the arctic has melted so quickly in the last 10 years? Pattern slowing, imbalancing, obviously jumps to the poles...

My argument isnoticing an obvious gap, or "empty space" when it comes to extreme weather events. There is a growing difference right now. This compounds to create something like pole shift (would need a lot more potential energy, I think) or more reasonably, 1-year storm type thing down the road? The arctic is warming too rapidly right now to not have this balance, I think, soon, or it will release out to space.

What does potential energy build up look like as a release or balance force? What do you think>

Well, we have had more active seasons still, despite the AMO switching phase again. Since there are many factors that play into hurricane development and strength, I don't think it's enough to say that a linear increase in temps should lead to a linear increase in hurricane activity. Perhaps over a long enough time period, but not 10 years, especially with La Ninas and other factors at play. Also, the warmth isn't equally distributed, so it limits what can happen. And finally, it may not actually be enough extra warmth to cause more consistent high hurricane activity. That might happen in 10 to 20 years, but not yet.

Maybe I'm referring to Tropical cyclone potential. something like this https://www.google.com/search?q=tropical+cyclone+potential&rlz=1C1EODB_enUS595US595&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiEvPjJ9fXVAhWF14MKHacKCv4Q_AUICygC&biw=1192&bih=922#imgrc=0n1BHh61Ak2OmM: 

In the last 10 years it's underperformming despite more named storms. 

I have the subjective impression that the slightly warmer atmosphere is becoming more stable and producing relatively fewer severe weather events. I don't know if this trend will continue with further warming, or overturn to the more widely predicted increase in severe weather events. But despite Harvey, the trend since about 2006 in the North Atlantic has been towards less active hurricane seasons, and the trend on land has been towards less active tornado seasons. Western Europe had a very active winter storm season in 2014 but otherwise it does not appear to be suffering more frequent severe wind storms.

A colder than average period such as the 1880s or the period 1977 to 1982 seems to generate more frequent severe storms.

The Pacific on the other hand does seem to be exhibiting a tendency to increased typhoon production. 

So the evidence is rather mixed so far for the hypothesis that severe storm frequency will increase. 

if tropical cyclones are in part a reflection of the heat imbalance between equatorial regions and polar regions.., wouldn't the observation that the poles are warming more rapidly than equatorial regions argue for fewer cyclones?

2 hours ago, jgf said:

if tropical cyclones are in part a reflection of the heat imbalance between equatorial regions and polar regions.., wouldn't the observation that the poles are warming more rapidly than equatorial regions argue for fewer cyclones?

And more temperate weather in general. However, that may be a much longer term trend. Despite the Arctic warming, we still have a significant temperature differential between the poles and the tropics.

19 hours ago, StormchaserChuck said:

I want to argue government cloud seeding and things like chemtrails, technology creates more chaotic energy waves also. 

Feelings are my focus really, facts secondary and more just argumentative. 

I think you mean contrails, not chemtrails. The latter is conspiracy theory nonsense. 

There's no chemicals in those big lines in the sky?

con  VERB
cons (third person present) · conned (past tense) · conned (past participle) · conning (present participle)
  1. persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception:
    "I conned him into giving me your home number" ·
    "she was jailed for conning her aunt out of $500,000"
    synonyms: defraud · cheat · trick · dupe · deceive · fool · hoax · hoodwink ·
    bamboozle · fleece · con · bilk · sting · hose · diddle · rip off · take for a ride · pull a fast one on · put one over on · take to the cleaners · gull · stiff · euchre · hornswoggle · cozen
NOUN
cons (plural noun)
  1. an instance of deceiving or tricking someone:
    "when depositors, realizing that the whole thing is a con, demand repayment" ·
    [more]

Chem - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chem

Chem may refer to: Chemistry; Post apocalyptic slang for "drugs", medicinal or otherwise in the Fallout video game series. In Ancient Egyptian usage:

It's more interesting I think that you would rather talk about this than potential energy on Earth. It's hard to find good chemversation these days

That's....an unrelated verb: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/con#Verb_2.

And anyway, do you think scientists would sneak in some prefix that supposedly tells us the "truth" about the contrails? I mean, that's some dumb level ****, I'm sorry. It's from condensation trail. It's as simple as that. They don't even use that word in other languages. In German it's "Kondensstreifen", which just means "condensation stripe".

Archived