• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    vokive3692
    Newest Member
    vokive3692
My Jan 7 outlook article for CWG

usedtobe

Here's the article.  Week 2 is tricky.  The pattern is probably a below normal one for snow by a bit because of the lack of any hint of a 50 50 low but I get bit nervous when the subtropical jet is starting to get active way out towards day 10.  Neither the models or I are good enough to completely dismiss the possibility. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/01/07/two-week-outlook-abnormally-warm-to-wintry-cold-and-the-slightest-hint-of-snow/

I doubt anyone will read this comment but today's 18Z GFS pretty much shows why you can't say anything definitive about snow 10 days out no matter what the models say.   It now shows snow at least for the western suburbs for Jan 17th and if you look at the anomalies has more of a negative anomaly near Nova Scotia than the earlier runs.  That doesn't mean we get snow,  it only means that at that time range,  we still don't know enough about all the players to make a call.  Based on the storm track, I still think we have a hard road to hoe but not an impossible one. 

I doubt anyone will read this comment but today's 18Z GFS pretty much shows why you can't say anything definitive about snow 10 days out no matter what the models say. It now shows snow at least for the western suburbs for Jan 17th and if you look at the anomalies has more of a negative anomaly near Nova Scotia than the earlier runs. That doesn't mean we get snow, it only means that at that time range, we still don't know enough about all the players to make a call. Based on the storm track, I still think we have a hard road to hoe but not an impossible one.

Great read like always. You matters well start posting in the panic thread.

Archived