• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowfall predictions for 2015-2016

LongBeachSurfFreak

I was just thinking if this pattern remains and we go snowless (or very little) it will really make El Niño king. In Judah Cohens winter video he talked about the fact that the sample size is so small. He said the biggest thing about this winter is it's a giant "experiment". In that we haven't seen the combinations of factors at present. Despite his forecast being for above normal snow here he's said he couldn't rule out a low snow outcome.

It's becoming increasingly apparent we are in a record breaking warm pattern that just does not want to break.

I would like to see some sort of large scale event down stream. It's to late to look for a major typhoon to recurve.

I am by no means throwing in the towel. I still think we see snow and a good amount in February and March. But I would increase the chance of a low snow outcome (less then 10") by 25% if this pattern sticks we are obviously screwed.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I see a tale of feast or famine. If everything comes together perfectly then we could see a major snow event in an otherwise mild winter (think Feb 2006).

On the other hand if things never line up then I could see a below 10" winter for the metro (much higher N&W, elevated regions).

You are getting the feast .

Archived