• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2015-16 Discussion

OKwx2K4

Lightly snowing here, anyone else? 20 percent chance, yep lol. It was coming down fairly good about 8 minutes ago! Very exciting even though its too warm to stick on anything. Shame it couldnt be doing this next week, which Is going to royally suck if those predicted temps in the 60's actually happen :( . Will be the warmest xmas I have ever seen in my 41 years if it does infact happen!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lightly snowing here, anyone else? 20 percent chance, yep lol. It was coming down fairly good about 8 minutes ago! Very exciting even though its too warm to stick on anything. Shame it couldnt be doing this next week, which Is going to royally suck if those predicted temps in the 60's actually happen :( . Will be the warmest xmas I have ever seen in my 41 years if it does infact happen!

Had a few pretty good bursts of snow over this way. It was nice to see. Hoping for more soon!

Another big rain event here. Plenty of time for it to shift around a bit. That looks like a really wrapped storm u can tell by the temps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Yep, it'll probably end up in western Kansas, as per the usual this winter. 

You'll never guess where the 12z Euro had the snow...... Western and Northern Kansas.

Not completely going to write this off yet though.

I'm not either. There's a chance that it could push that ridge east a little further or come in deeper/further south. It's not really typical for that type of storm to just cut right to the lakes so quickly so we will see.

I'm not either. There's a chance that it could push that ridge east a little further or come in deeper/further south. It's not really typical for that type of storm to just cut right to the lakes so quickly so we will see.

Well, if this was an El Nino year *cough* *cough* we'd have a bowling ball traveling across the southern US.

Jomo, what it gonna take for troughiness to shift east instead of west the whole time? As long as trough stays west, we in trouble. I want to see a decent ssw myself

To start we need a NE PAC low over/south of the Aleutians instead of a ridge, that would be a start. We are seeing a shake up around New Years and then I hope we start seeing pac low develop. Weakened PV will help in coordination. We need everything that is blue and red/yellow to swap...so a true flip in the pattern.

Jomo - agree/disagree?

f45766eeb039eb90f30571e4ea31ffd4.jpg

To start we need a NE PAC low over/south of the Aleutians instead of a ridge, that would be a start. We are seeing a shake up around New Years and then I hope we start seeing pac low develop. Weakened PV will help in coordination. We need everything that is blue and red/yellow to swap...so a true flip in the pattern.

Jomo - agree/disagree?

f45766eeb039eb90f30571e4ea31ffd4.jpg

Ncrain, i also think mjo being in certain phases is important. Think mjo goes back into cod. If it reemerges in the warm phases, we phuked. Jb even said game over. Convection in indian ocean isnt our friend imo

Ncrain, i also think mjo being in certain phases is important. Think mjo goes back into cod. If it reemerges in the warm phases, we phuked. Jb even said game over. Convection in indian ocean isnt our friend imo

Yeah, I am surprised about how active MJO has been, thinking it fades

Into the new year. Nino climo should take over as we get into Jan.

Jomo, what it gonna take for troughiness to shift east instead of west the whole time? As long as trough stays west, we in trouble. I want to see a decent ssw myself

Icebergs dropped in the ENSO region to cool it down. Like giant ice cubes. I'm still waiting on the subtropical jet to show up and stick around. I've been curious if the overall warm Pacific waters and strong PV has played a role in that.

Archived