SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wintry/Severe/Normal Storm threat 12/19-21

deltadog03

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the 12z GFS is going to be a better run. That low around the GL is a lot stronger than previous runs and is moving slowly east. That should keep everything suppressed. Out to 96 on 5h it looks a lot different from the 6z in the west. Think this will probably take a step in the right direction but trying to predict what will happen on a 5h map so far down the line is like trying to accurately guess which mid major school will get an upset at March Madness before it begins. 

at hour 150, its so trying you guys.  lol  the SFC low is over south MS.  There is no good high in the  CAD regions.  This run prolly won't do it, but its a HUGE step toward the euro's solution last night.  

That high was close it was starting to slide into position but got pushed back at the last minute. 

This is closer.  Tells me that EURO's Shift last night was legit and not a fluke.  The GFS is trying to go toward that idea.  Rain for most of us this run.  Maybe some snow NW TN and AR and MO and KY.  The high, as you said, never really gets into position.  Likely a GFS error, but its a step.  I so see that big as* ball of fun moving South toward Socal.  That should bowl east with so much suppression.  Could be FUN for Christmas week.  

This is closer.  Tells me that EURO's Shift last night was legit and not a fluke.  The GFS is trying to go toward that idea.  Rain for most of us this run.  Maybe some snow NW TN and AR and MO and KY.  The high, as you said, never really gets into position.  Likely a GFS error, but its a step.  I so see that big as* ball of fun moving South toward Socal.  That should bowl east with so much suppression.  Could be FUN for Christmas week.  

That is a ball indeed lol....it needs a kicker bad. Looks like a fantasy snow storm could be incoming! 

The 00z EPS mean looks more Miller Aish compared to the 12z EPS mean.  There's still definitely some members sending it inland based on hr 180, but by hr 192 the mean SLP track is roughly over Savannah, GA.  I would expect to see the members showing wintry precip to rise in number (those meteograms don't come out until later, though).

Meh. I'm wanting to see it look more Miller-Aish but it's still showing a strong Miller-B look even though I would say there's not as much spread if you will with mslp anomalies, which I think thats what you were seeing as well. I think the only way we're going to get something worthwhile out of this is if it bombs with the perfect track bringing in cold air, otherwise it will simply be lacking. Slow down, speed up, whatever...I think this one needs to bomb and it can't just slide off the coast like a lot of the "trends" are showing. The high looks better though at the same time period not sure if you noticed that, so there's that. I just can't believe the trends we're seeing right now and I mean that literally, not buying it haha, but at least the Chinese model is on board!

msGAguF.png

Don't even bother looking at the GFS after it looses resolution it turns ugly  :unsure: .  GFS is trying real hard for the 20th storm, low is all strung out but there's enough energy to spread moisture across much of NC with 850's just squeaking by. SFC temps are a problem though. 

yeah that look is just ugly. Nothing good about that run. I mean a 1018mb low off the coast of NC? We're going to need something about 19 mb stronger with the 50/50 intact if we want this to work out.

Archived