• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Fall/Into Winter!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice looking band off Erie! Has really consolidated over the past few hours. Just getting some very light snow dribbling out of the end of the band here in western Monroe County.

I'm looking forward to seeing what tomorrow morning brings. The Buffalo AFD has been mentioning thunder with the snow squalls tomorrow morning in the Rochester area. That would be quite a rare event here (I don't think I've experienced thundersnow since moving here from Virginia 11 years ago), and I honestly can't remember ever seeing them make that kind of comment for this area for this kind of event.

Chris

That band is looking good. How long does it stay there?

Sent from my iPhone

Looks pretty stationary for next few hours. The heaviest portion is dropping rates 3 inches per hour. It varies from 1-3 inches per hour throughout the band. Just took a drive all over Orchard Park, Hamburg, Eden areas and got some good video. Eden has 10+ inches already.

New warning just issued.

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM ESTWEDNESDAY......WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM WEDNESDAY TO10 AM EST THURSDAY...* LOCATIONS...WYOMING...CHAUTAUQUA...CATTARAUGUS AND SOUTHERN  ERIE COUNTIES.* TIMING...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING.  WIND CHILL ADVISORY LATE WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY  MORNING.* ACCUMULATIONS...7 TO 14 INCHES TONIGHT AND 1 TO 3 INCHES  WEDNESDAY LEADING TO STORM TOTALS OF 12 TO 18 INCHES IN THE MOST  PERSISTENT BANDS ACROSS THE BOSTON HILLS...AND 8 TO 12 INCHES  ELSEWHERE IN PERSISTENT BANDS. SNOWFALL RATES OF UP TO 2 INCHES  PER HOUR AT TIMES.* WINDS...WEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH PRODUCING  BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.* WIND CHILL VALUES...AS LOW AS 20 BELOW.* VISIBILITIES...AS LOW AS A QUARTER MILE AT TIMES.

This is the year to live in Southern Erie county. So many LES events this year.

Nice looking band off Erie! Has really consolidated over the past few hours. Just getting some very light snow dribbling out of the end of the band here in western Monroe County.

I'm looking forward to seeing what tomorrow morning brings. The Buffalo AFD has been mentioning thunder with the snow squalls tomorrow morning in the Rochester area. That would be quite a rare event here (I don't think I've experienced thundersnow since moving here from Virginia 11 years ago), and I honestly can't remember ever seeing them make that kind of comment for this area for this kind of event.

Chris

It is my far my favorite weather event. Check out my YouTube channel, I have a few shots of it on video.

This is the year to live in Southern Erie county. This is

It is my far my favorite weather event. Check out my YouTube channel, I have a few shots of it on video.

Enjoy it while it lasts LOL, once i move over there i will bring the snow drought with me hahaha :lmao:

Enjoy it while it lasts LOL, once i move over there i will bring the snow drought with me hahaha :lmao:

Haha no way. The philosophy of what comes north must come south always works. North Buffalo is tough place to live. If your going to live really close to the city the top towns would be South Cheektowaga/South Buffalo/Lancaster/West Seneca. In order for North Buffalo to get it the band has to make it really far north and hit northern Amherst and Tonawanda. Those areas have a tough time getting unless SW/SSW wind.

Agree, it is amazing. I have only experienced it a few times. Best was when I was in college in New Jersey in 1983 during the "Megalopolitan Storm". Numerous nearby CG strikes during 3-4" per hour snow. Think it was associated with an intense gravity wave passage.

Agree, it is amazing. I have only experienced it a few times. Best was when I was in college in New Jersey in 1983 during the "Megalopolitan Storm". Numerous nearby CG strikes during 3-4" per hour snow. Think it was associated with an intense gravity wave passage.

BTW if you're a Met you should get the red tag. We would welcome another one here on the boards.

Haha no way. The philosophy of what comes north must come south always works. North Buffalo is tough place to live. If your going to live really close to the city the top towns would be South Cheektowaga/South Buffalo/Lancaster/West Seneca. In order for North Buffalo to get it the band has to make it really far north and hit northern Amherst and Tonawanda. Those areas have a tough time getting unless SW/SSW wind.

The immediate city area needs that 245-250 flow to cash in nicely with this LES events, anything else we are screwed lol i'll prolly move out to Alden, they seem to be in great spot for all this LES events we've been having lately.. :snowing:

The immediate city area needs that 245-250 flow to cash in nicely with this LES events, anything else we are screwed lol i'll prolly move out to Alden, they seem to be in great spot for all this LES events we've been having lately.. :snowing:

If you're going to move to Alden, just move to Elma. Much better position.

We're just north of Delaware Park, so it takes serious backing to swing LES up here. That said, even in a crappy winter like 2012-13, there were some decent lake snows up here. They usually don't set up for a whole day like they do in the Southtowns or S Erie, but we are far enough east that we can usually get some lake connection. Not this winter, though. It has been terrible.

We're looking at moving up towards UB South Campus. I like living in the City of Buffalo, but maybe I can convince my wife that we should be buying in Kaisertown instead of closer to where we both work in Amherst/Williamsville.

Grew up near Kaisertown, fairly safe area and it's dirt cheap compared to houses up there. Can't go wrong with SE Buffalo. I'm in Winchester now, which is a fine dumping spot with the right 255 flow.

Meanwhile, snow here has mostly stopped it seems despite radar showing band still over here. Hrmph. At least everything's white again.

Archived