• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
6/13/1976 Lemont, IL tornado video

Hoosier

Stumbled across this while I was searching for something else.  Pretty beastly.  I hadn't seen a video of this one before, just pics.  Skip ahead to about 3:30 for the tornado footage.

Wow, that thing was a beast.  Pretty impressive home videos considering it was nearly 40 years ago.  That first video really had that look of a strong, possibly violent tornado.

Jordan, IA tornado was also on this day (and was also a monster). There was a very large amount of CAPE this day as evidenced by this modified morning sounding from OMA adjusted for a condition of 88/73 at DMX. There was upper 80s/low 90s temps and upper 60s to mid 70s dews throughout the area.

061376dsmsnd.gif

Jordan, IA tornado was also on this day (and was also a monster). There was a very large amount of CAPE this day as evidenced by this modified morning sounding from OMA adjusted for a condition of 88/73 at DMX. There was upper 80s/low 90s temps and upper 60s to mid 70s dews throughout the area.

061376dsmsnd.gif

Nothing like 6700 J/kg and a -16 LI, I would say that would do the trick for violent weather.

Archived