Newest Member
    joxey
2013 Great Lakes/Ohio Valley Tornado Statistics

Chicago Storm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My count for Indiana does not match up with theirs (I have 38).  Perhaps there were some changes with the November tornadoes that haven't been made public yet.

I have received confirmation of 2 additional tornadoes in Indiana on Nov 17, bringing the statewide count from that day to 30.  Not sure whether it means there is a net gain in the overall outbreak total from Nov 17 as it will depend on what NWS offices in other areas have determined. 

The Nov total for MI is confusing.  Database seems to list that skipping EF0 on Nov 17 as 2 tornadoes but the SPC map above seems to imply it's counted as 1.  I just counted it as 1 in my November 17 thread.

When I went back through for errors I revised it back to 1.

It's no different than any other one tornado that moves across multiple counties...So 1 it should be.

The Nov total for MI is confusing.  Database seems to list that skipping EF0 on Nov 17 as 2 tornadoes but the SPC map above seems to imply it's counted as 1.  I just counted it as 1 in my November 17 thread.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=grr&storyid=98236&source=0

That page has 2, one in Clare County and another In Ingham County.

• 1 month later...

Archived