• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
One of the most impressive lightning displays I've ever and I mean EVER seen

Rib

I'm in Southeast Mont. Co. looking southeast and for the past half hour have been watching one of the most impressive lightning displays I've ever seen. This maybe number one. I can't count to two without seeing another flash or bolt. Some even have thunder and it's clear overhead with stars visible. This rivals any supercell in The Plains or those dry storms in Arizona that are photographed. This is AMAZING

OK, here is a photo from last night's light show. I found it on my Nikon message board. It was supposedly taken in or near Kennett Square.

Can't hotlink Flickr photos though, so you all will have to click on the link to view it. It's beautiful though!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31578718@N08/9332259668/

Great pic...I saw a similar scene in my yard last night. The near constant ctc lightining contrasted against clear sky with stars as things were rolling in. I still think there was more constant lightning the night of the derecho, that night it looked like an epic battle raging in the distance as it refired over SJ, but last night was still awesome. I stood out in the yard for a while watching, head going back and forth between the "clusters" of ctc lightning, until a strike in the woods behind sent me back inside in what felt like one big step lol.  :lightning:

I sat under the storms on Saturday night for almost 3 hours straight.  I was down on the Eastern Shore of MD opposite Aberdeen.  We were just bombarded by training thunderstorms from about 8:30 to 11:30.  We are right on the water so we got to watch lightening across the Chesapeake Bay.  Never been in a storm with so much lightening.  There was also a ton of wind damage with a few trees down along the water and a lot of heavy branches.

Archived