• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 14-17th Severe Weather (Day 3 Mod)

Chicago Storm

I guess I'm funny.  

I'm in your camp. Despite winter not wanting to let go, you know this kind of thing of delivering Canadian Cold into the Gulf/southern Plains can't go on forever. Logically, the next period for a favorable pattern can only be warmer / less influenced from Canada.

Of course, now that I've said that, a volcano will erupt tomorrow that prevents summer from ever coming! :P

Think it's possible/probable that we cut down on giant outbreak potential the longer we go tho not necessarily I guess. Perhaps more than one at least. ;)

I have no long term skill or even really knowledge.. so I might be wrong there.  But just based on climo etc, I don't see the huge problem in punting March and April .. especially since those are often the tornado events that cause the most trouble to life/property given the favored zones. 

As long as we get out of this weirdness over the next few weeks should still be fine at least from a chasers perspective.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder when Norman will post the final survey results. The Grandfield report/comments were from the post storm survey that Mark and I did with the sheriff's dept. and the fire chief. We let Norman know we'd to a prelim for them since we were on site and they agreed. The damage at the airport was decently impressive. One aircraft was severely damaged as all that was left from it (well that I could see at night anyways) was one wing...a wheel...and the cab section of what looked like a Cessna 172 type aircraft. The fire chief watched it get rolled across the field in front of his headlights. The path mentioned was the location/length of where we found convergent signatures...albeit just 5 or 6 things due to the sparsity of objects in the area. We witnessed the tor as it lifted a half mile from us and the deputy. Pretty amazing sound if you've never heard it...the roar. Most of the storms we're decent (not bad but not the best) wall clouds with brief funnels. We ended up catching 6 supercells...10 wall clouds...and about 10 brief mini funnels...then the one tor and two plus inch hail. Below is a link to an 8 minute video I shot. . Facebook says anyone should be able to view the link. Here's to more "fun for everyone" this summer... :twister::drunk:

You can use this link to share this video with anyone, even if they don't have a Facebook account. Anyone with the link will be able to see your video.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=614499038578494&l=1590897445103214730

• 4 weeks later...

Archived