amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 28th winter weather event observation thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a fairly localized area of 30 dbz echos over Warren right now moving towards Somerset and southern Morris counties.

yes, I see this band just set up west to east, right along Rt. 80.  I hope the roads were treated with salt here, because this small band means business.  A quick dusting to a half inch.  Still snowing hard here.

Not getting out of the hole until the end ,30 in AC with Light Snow .Frozx precip will outperform today

Near Philly snow has been pretty steady but I haven't heard of reports more than a half inch or so before the changeover.  Changeover line is still SW of PHL and ACY:

post-39-0-69827400-1359381903_thumb.png

Near Philly snow has been pretty steady but I haven't heard of reports more than a half inch or so before the changeover.  Changeover line is still SW of PHL and ACY:

I usualy like to see it south of 195 then i feel like i have some wiggle room , once to Colts , it goes quick .

Not getting out of the hole until the end ,30 in AC with Light Snow .Frozx precip will outperform today

I had been saying that SW winds do not get it done here at the surface like E or SE winds do, we will warm up but not nearly as much as you do when its onshore.  The air mass in place was not terribly cold so NYC/JFK/LGA probably go over 32 but many other places may not

Archived