Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 24th - 25th Christmas Miracle Snowfall

Powerball

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you should become a trained spotter. We can never have enough of them.

A good point to take from all of this...

Obv. the DTX map is missing higher amounts. The problem is that they have no official means of obtaining data which would allow them to put out a map containing these localized higher amounts. So if that bothers you, join CoCoRaHs or become an official trained spotter, so next time they may have a sufficient number of reports from your area.

Technically, you weren't supposed to give out that number.

They only give out that number to the folks who attend the training session, and they do instruct you to keep it to yourself. After all, you must be quite passionate about weather and at least rudimentarily serious about statistics/storm reports to take time out of your busy schedule to sit through the 2-3 hour session. Not everyone on this forum is.

The reason for that is they want to avoid unsolicited calls from people who don't know what they're doing/talking about.

(Yes, I'm a trained spotter BTW, and I will likely report for this next event).

Yeah, I was about to say, they told us not to give that number out. But since it is out, anyone who reads this and thinks about calling in, take your measurements seriously.

Technically, you weren't supposed to give out that number.

They only give out that number to the folks who attend the training session, and they do instruct you to keep it to yourself. After all, you must be quite passionate about weather and at least rudimentarily serious about statistics/storm reports to take time out of your busy schedule to sit through the 2-3 hour session. Not everyone on this forum is.

The reason for that is they want to avoid unsolicited calls from people who don't know what they're doing/talking about.

(Yes, I'm a trained spotter BTW, and I will likely report for this next event).

I deleted the post, so delete the # from the quote. I forgot you arent supposed to give it out lol.

Archived