joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
18-20th Storm potential/ Discussion

stormspotterlive

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nam trying to suggest a front end thump with storm one for the poconos as it has gone colder at the 850 level. Yes the precip is weak but with a strong south west flow near by should be some rather impressive WAA to generate some nice overrunning. everyone else would be rain.

yea looks like 1-2 for them, not bad. Though, the warming aloft usually occurs faster than what models predict.

You know we'd take that up here. ;)

comes down in less than 1hr. ;)

since coming off last winter a half inch is a thump.

:lol:

What's the optimal direction in the sky we should be looking? East sky right ?

They are coming from the east, but I had to look nearly straight up to see them., so it seems the best is right overhead.

ANOTHER DIFFERENT SOLUTION ON GFS.

It's close to being something interesting though

It's still not good, and a long ways from snow. The issue is the low pressure over the great lakes turns the winds to the south and just torches the boundary layer. We start to cool once the coastal becomes the dominant player and switches the wind to a northerly direction and CAA can begin.

It's still not good, and a long ways from snow. The issue is the low pressure over the great lakes turns the winds to the south and just torches the boundary layer. We start to cool once the coastal becomes the dominant player and switches the wind to a northerly direction and CAA can begin.

The euro=weenies unite comment may refer to the one next Friday...

Yep...I wasn't responding directly to him though.

and, FWIW, the GFS shows a weaker version of the Euro for next Friday...I can buy onto the end of next week being better for a miller b setup than anything coming through before Wednesday, although I'm not optimistic that we get a Euro style result.

Yep...I wasn't responding directly to him though.

and, FWIW, the GFS shows a weaker version of the Euro for next Friday...I can buy onto the end of next week being better for a miller b setup than anything coming through before Wednesday, although I'm not optimistic that we get a Euro style result.

Me neither, but it sure looks nice ;)

The euro=weenies unite comment may refer to the one next Friday...

Only thing i don't like with that one is we need one of those 3 waves to blow up and act as the 50/50 to flatten out those hgt lines because their looks "as of now" that their will be some decent hgt rises in advance of that storm. Meaning better shot of it to cut. Then it depends on the 50/50 and the block as to how far north it gets and where it develops.

That system should have a better supply of colder air around which is a plus.

Archived